Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: lock-out browser elements

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

im toying with an idea for a skin that looks like this..

Its basically 2 browsers shown on same screen with main browser on left and the sidelist on the right (shown from top to bottom of screen)

where im going wrong:
as i drag icons from the bottom of the sidelist, it opens the INFO pane nad the original SIDELIST pane..

How to i lock out sidelist and info (and folders too in the 2nd browser?)

geposted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 4:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No way to bypass this. Meaning that once files are dragged over closed Browser windows, those will be opened automatically.

However, you may achieve what you want by creating custom Browsers (using split panels).

geposted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 11:43 pm
djdad wrote :
custom Browsers (using split panels).

Hopefully the skin SDK wiki will get updated soon to include info about custom browsers and splits. :-)

In the mean time, I've managed to scrape enough info together to put a simple nested split custom browser together so if you need any help, let me know.

geposted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 5:25 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
groovindj wrote :
...a simple nested split custom browser together

Could you UL a pic or 2, I can't really imagine it.

geposted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 6:45 am
It doesn't look any different to a normal browser. When I say "nested" it's the method of writing the split code.

A split divides the browser into two parts. Either left/right or up/down.

Therefore if you want three parts (i.e. folders/files/sideview) then you have to nest the second split statement inside half of the first one.

So instead of just being:
<split>
<left>
<folders>
</left>
<right>
<files>
</right>
</split>

.....the second <split> sits inside the <left> or <right> code of the first one. With anything more than one split, It can get confusing pretty quickly!

N.B. the above is just an example, not the actual/full code.

geposted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 8:52 am
Okay so im gonna have to create fixed parts of the browser in the space i want it in..

SO, now id like to know if its possible to create a custom button (or even a fixed button) with a short-cut to these filter folders...

geposted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 4:59 pm
The browser_gotofolder action is the one to use for real folders...

browser_gotofolder "Music" should work - unless of course you have other folders called Music too.

geposted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 9:13 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
i think the same action works for Filter and Favorite folders too.
So browser_gotofolder 'Music (1)' should work.

It should even work with nested folders too like...
browser_gotofolder 'Testfolder/test' (testfolder and test can be Virtual folders)

geposted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 5:44 pm
Thanks guys this works a treat, used it tonight at a gig already 😉

geposted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 6:15 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)