Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Setting colours for scratchwaves

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm working on a skin at the moment where there are two scratchwaves for each deck. One displays vertically above the mixer and the other is horizontal on the deck, above the songpos waveform. At the moment they're both the same colour, but I'd like to have the ones on the decks darker because the background is light.

There's nothing in the skin SDK wiki page (for 7 or 8) about scratchwaves.

geposted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 8:33 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You may try to put a transparent visual in front of it, like I did in my skin to get a "dimmed wave" on deck screen, except yours would not be black but the exact same color as the wave's background.

It won't make it 'darker' thus, only... less contrasted... I guess.

geposted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 9:47 am
I need more contrast! Maybe I will have to put a dark background on the decks, but it would be nice to have a bit more control of wave colours per deck.

I did consider using rhythmwaves but they can't be scratched any more. In VDJ 7 you could grab one and still hear audio. They're silent in VDJ 8.

geposted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 10:10 am
As Fruit said... You can only overlay a black visual to get it darker:

<visual type="transparent" source="constant 0.33" >
<size width="1910-10" height="180"/>
<pos x="+5" y="+5"/>
<on x="5" y="1215"/>
<tooltip />
</visual>

geposted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 3:06 pm
I just went for a darker background on the decks, to match the vertical wave area.

It would be nice to have a bit more control over colours of waves (any type) for each deck.

geposted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 3:25 pm

This with a area to select what is you want to change the color of would be sick.. it would give you choices. In the settings like

1. scratch wave ( deck 1, 2 ) wave , deck 1 , 2 and so on.. then it would pick it as the way websites do text once its good it would lock it .. sounds simple but seems no so much.. I love the idea as i love the skins but dont want to have to change as im inside or club.. I like the idea one skin to rule them all.. or was that lord of the rings. I saw how that ended...

geposted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 3:24 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)