Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Feature request

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I wasn't sure where to post this. Can we please have a right click option on a track to 'Add to favorites' folder/playlist? Or something similar? The whole dragging to a folder thing is a pain. Especially during a set.

geposted Sun 01 Mar 15 @ 7:07 am
Moved from Bug Report forum.

User notified.

geposted Sun 01 Mar 15 @ 7:14 am
There is already the action virtualfolder_add which can be used like this:

virtualfolder_add "nameofyourfolder" - so if your favorite folder is called favez then it would be virtualfolder_add "favez"

Assigning that action to a keyboard, controller or custom button should do the trick (add the highlighted track to your folder).

geposted Sun 01 Mar 15 @ 7:42 am
there is no feature in 7 or 8... but id like to see a Search of the database and Virtual folders.. I have moved and reorangized my files where they are located on the hard drive and re named some.. But I have virtual folders.. Id like a feature when you do your database clean option in 8?? but not 7 I hear.. but that it will highlight and say that File is dead that I need to replace it in that virtual folder.. so say song I had was "In da club" and I renamed it to "indaclub" well that file is dead link id like it to scan the database and say highlight "in da club" like yellow indicating that file name doesn't exist anymore so now I can replace it with the indaclub. or also a feature if you clicked on a yellow word that says in da club and you can say replace it with such and such a song. so I don't have to go through all the virtual folders re checking everyone after I have hundreds in each folder

geposted Mon 09 Mar 15 @ 9:00 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Dead files are already "highlighted" with a special icon.

If you want to get all dead files, just create a filter folder with the action:

exists = 0

geposted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 4:22 am
ill take a look
but Virtual DJ customer support says your wrong though

"please try to use the onborad clean action.
BUT this will not clean filter folders or playlists.
In this case you would need to do the content again."

and I need it check Playlists and Virtual Folders to show they don't exist anymore in version 7

geposted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 7:16 am
I think there is an addon which does what you want.

geposted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 7:36 am
never seen it and do they have that feature what I want in version 8 or is that an addon too?

geposted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 7:40 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The my library addon, it's open for everyone to download.

geposted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 9:41 am
ok ill look later when I home

and that will look in my 50 + virtual Folders and tell me which ones are a dead link now after re naming songs and moving them around?

geposted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 10:22 am
In VDJ 8, yes. It just uses filter folder scripts though - which users (of 7 or 8) can also create themselves.

geposted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 10:26 am
ah ok so once I download this my library addon I just run it somehow and it will then show me all the dead links my all my 50+ virtual folders and process them all at once??? or is it a one folder at a time

and is there a way to export the virtual folders to a text file as for
1... export to text file the song names so I can have record what songs go under say "oldies"
2. export to a text file the file names and location
3. import a text file of songs
thanks for the help so far guys

geposted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 10:34 am
No, it doesn't process anything. It will just filter the results from your database and show the missing files (missing as in the location or name has changed).

It's just a filter folder with the command exists=0

I have just noticed something whilst investigating this. It's not possible to select all the files and relocate. The option only appears when one file is selected.

geposted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 10:57 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Batch relocation is now available in the latest beta. (Haven't tested yet).

comet424 wrote :

and is there a way to export the virtual folders to a text file as for
1... export to text file the song names so I can have record what songs go under say "oldies"
2. export to a text file the file names and location

thanks for the help so far guys

You can try this tool
http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80211

geposted Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 10:44 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)