Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Visual (Rotation Speed)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Is there syntax that allows the rotation of a visual to speed up or slow down?

geposted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 2:18 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
That's a setting

setting "RPM" X

geposted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 2:36 pm
I actually want 2 separate visuals at different speeds. Because I'm getting an optical illustion which makes a visual look like it's traveling backwards. Kinda like when you look at a car's tire. You know the car is moving forward, but the wheel looks like it's traveling backwards.

geposted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 3:29 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yes the stroboscopic effect, hmm not sure. I don't think you can directly.

geposted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 3:46 pm
No you can't have different rotation speeds.
However you can use different Hz for your stroboscopes
Eg 50 vs 60 Hz
So, instead of using the same image at different speeds use different images at the same speed...

PS: You don't need to use "special" images for stroboscope. You can create your own very easily if you wish.
All you need to do is to adjust the rotation angle of the dots/lines on your image

geposted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 5:48 pm
Would this be affected by the FPS setting in the skin?

geposted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 5:54 pm
In theory yes...
In reality I doubt unless you set it too low.
Also in theory even your monitor refresh rate could alter the result.

PS: In order to achieve a stroboscopic effect the light must be reflected (or interrupted) an X amount of times in 1 sec so that it tricks your eye. Anything that could "alter" how many times per second the light "reflects" could also alter the effect...

geposted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 6:05 pm
It seems that it's not the monitor, but I can understand how it could be.
Here's a sample: www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxNWkPBJ9JM&feature=youtu.be

I like the speed at which it looks.... but would love it in reverse. If I slow the pitch down, it actually goes the right direction, just insanely fast.

BTW, some may ask, "Why would you.......".
Simple answer... trying things with .PNG that hasn't been done before .... or at least to my knowledge. Looking for aesthetics

geposted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 8:57 pm
So, setting RPM to 5 in skin looks great for the edge of platter, but way too slow for line indicator.

Curious,
If I tell the skin to ger rotation from, let's say, deck 7 (a fake deck) for the outer platter, could this work without hindering the performance of the pc. How would I go about doing it...seeing that deck 7 would somehow need to be activated with no audio?

I only need the outer rim to go one direction with a constant speed....when the deck is playing of coarse. Trying to mimic a real deck

geposted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 11:51 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
In previous VDJ versions there was a 'factor' tag. Did this tag disappear ?

geposted Sat 07 Mar 15 @ 5:37 am
I don't think factor works any more. It's still mentioned in the SDK but trying to use it, it just seems to be ignored.

There was a VU meter display in the Mix Lab skin, which originally behaved like a multi band frequency meter because factor was used on the different "bands".

In VDJ 8 though, it doesn't work that way.

geposted Sat 07 Mar 15 @ 6:50 am
Just removed Factor from the SDK page.

Factor has never worked in version 8, or version 7 I believe.

geposted Sat 07 Mar 15 @ 7:04 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I believe it was working in previous versions, is there a reason why it's been removed ?

JameySewell wrote :
So, setting RPM to 5 in skin looks great for the edge of platter, but way too slow for line indicator.

Also, keep in mind that the RPM setting is affecting the strengh of mouse scratching.

geposted Sat 07 Mar 15 @ 3:26 pm
Yep, I tried setting RPM to 5, but it affects controller as well...

so I'm trying to mock decks 1-4 with decks 7-10
1=7
2=8
3=9
4=10

It's almost there, but having a little problem coding. I plan to achieve my goal by loading a silent 10 min mp3 on decks 7-10 (oninit).
I'm trying to force 7-10 to always be pitched at around 13 percent. This will keep the deck rings slow. However, something is affecting it later and reverts back.

So... onit needs to be what? currently I have
deck 7 load "c://10MinSilence.mp3" & deck 7 pitch 13% & deck 7 pitch_range 50% & deck 7 play

The dilemma right now is that The deck will only pitch to 13% if it plays oninit. I need it to be pitched without playing so that deck 1 doesn't move until It hit play.

Here a sample of what I have so far:
http://youtu.be/pQK2vZjC3Ek

geposted Sat 07 Mar 15 @ 6:18 pm
Also, If I righclick on play to reverse, the platter will reverse. But if I use dump or reverse (Upper left button in example), Ring still moves forward.

Surely there is a better way to achieve this?

geposted Sat 07 Mar 15 @ 6:20 pm

geposted Sat 07 Mar 15 @ 6:27 pm
what would be the syntax to stop deck 7 if deck 1 isn't playing? When a song stops on deck 1, deck 7 continues to play...thus making the ring around deck 1 spin.

geposted Sat 07 Mar 15 @ 6:46 pm
So I managed to get everything working with the exception of:

How to stop a deck when a secondary deck has played an entire song and has stopped.

How do I put this into a skin? It's not a button action.... is it?
what is the verb used (Or what ever action) to establish that a deck is at the end of a song and has stopped (when a user hasn't clicked on anything)?

geposted Sun 08 Mar 15 @ 7:28 pm
Can I query elapsed time and output as whole numbers 1-100 for visual source="" ?

For example, if elapsed time is 60 sec, the translated number would be 60
if elapsed time is 1min 1 sec, the translated number would be 61
if elapsed time is 1min 41 sec, the translated number would start at 1 again

Of coarse this would work better in ms.

geposted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 9:03 pm
actually, time elapse wouldn't work because it still wouldn't be discrete. But, time of day would be.
Can it be converted into ms?

geposted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 10:10 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)