Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Older VDJ Vinyl Glare Effect

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I vaguely remember a visual effect used by an older version of VDJ (Perhaps VDJ 5) that made the glare of the Vinyl appear to be rotating. I think it was fading between to different images. Does anyone know what effect this was?

Was this feature removed? or just not used anymore?

geposted Sun 15 Mar 15 @ 11:31 pm
It was an animation drawed by a <visual> element and it's action was "get_rotation"
The animation itself was composed by several images that once "played" they produced that effect.

So, if you want to add something like that on your skin you need to compile an animation sequence, and make sure that the first and last image of the sequence are exactly the same...

geposted Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 6:20 am
Cool, does that skin still exist?

geposted Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 11:18 am

geposted Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 4:44 pm
thanks - if the skin worked before, it no longer gives that appearance in VD8.

I replicated the look using type="transparent". the glare smoothly fades from image "up" to image "down". But then it jumps back to Image "up". was there a command that will also allow the smooth transition back?

geposted Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 4:13 pm
Never mind.... found it. param_pingpong :-)

geposted Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 6:20 pm
Basically you should have used a visual with type="custom" and use all the frames of the sequence.
Right now you just fade up/down one single image

geposted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 1:53 am
Yeah, I know. I get what your saying about multiple frames, just still figuring out how to create it visually through photoshop.

Heres a sample of the effect as of 3-20-15:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrCcEM2XRoY&feature=youtu.be

I was thinking about adding one more lighting layer that would overlap both the vinyl and the silver rim.

any ideas? pointers?

geposted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 2:50 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)