Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Play Marker Adjusment

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm about to embark on the epic task on re-beat griding all of my tracks as I move from Serato to VDJ8. About 50% of those will be Variable CBGs. I find the BPM editor pretty straight forward to use however the work flow could be even faster if, when left clicking the mouse and the arrow pointer is being displayed, the Play Marker appeared under the mouse.

Often, I'm moving around the track and the Play Marker isn't within the current viewing window and therefore it can't be grabbed. Right now, I double click which makes the marker appear but the tracks begins to Play so I have to quickly stop the track. This is OK but less optimal than it could be.

geposted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 9:16 am
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
+1
Also in variable BPM tracks when setting a new Beatgrid (changing the BPMs), the new Beat marker should start from beat 1 and not to continue from the last Beatgrid.

geposted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 10:20 am
Actually, you may need something like Ctrl or Shift + Left click for this to work as holding the left mouse button allows you to drag the wave form so you wouldn't necessarily want the Play Marker to move then.

geposted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 10:52 am
Having moved from Serato to VDJ8, I've began the arduous task of correctly aligning the CBGs on my tracks, mainly Funk and Disco. So far I've completed 50+ songs, only 250+ left to go :-( I find the BPM Editor pretty simple to use but I'm looking at ways to optimise the process.

The way I've been setting up my grids is waiting until the down beat starts to float, go back 1 bar and then drop a Beat Anchor aligning it as closely as possible to the final beat of the bar. I then adjust the tempo for the next section of the track and repeat the process.

If you could Ctrl or Shift left click on the grid and drop a Beat Anchor snapped to the current beat that would save maybe 50% of the time it takes.....

Ignore my previous request as this would be even better. Any chance of adding this?

geposted Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 11:38 am
My ideal would be for VDJ to analyse the track and place anchors automatically at points where the tempo changes.

If VDJ can figure out a BPM then surely it can figure out when it changes too. Far too much manual work involved currently with variable BPM tracks.

Ableton Live can detect tempo variations and place markers - but the difference there is that the track is warped (corrected) to fit the grid, not the other way round.

geposted Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 1:13 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)