Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Name of the sample over several lines

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

routryHome userMember since 2009
Hello,
Sorry for my English
At the request of a friend I created it on the basis of VMS4Pro, with a SKIN Browser Right and a sampler below 4 Desks (left).
I injected him in the xml ten set:
<choice name = "SET ACAPELLA 4" action = "button_select 'samples' & 1 sampler load '. L: \ AREA SAMPLES \ ZONE JINGLES ACAPELLA \ 19 Your ears NENT not believe their yeux.mp3' sampler & 2 load etc, etc. ...
<choice name = "19. Your ears NENT not believe their eyes" />
I wished to know how to a title (NEET 19. Your ears will not believe their eyes) of sample appears on 2 or 3 lines as in the integrated sampler at browers VDJ.
As a guide:
VDJ7
\ n: Line break
\ r: Carriage return
% yy: Will the online yy
% xx, yy Go to the line xx, yy position

I do not know how to interpret it.

I summarize
Down the original sampler VDJ, the title of the sample loaded and 2-line, it is fixed.
The sampler that I created myself the title appears at the bottom of the sample on a line and to read the full title I put align = "center" scroll = "yes", but I want to leave it fixed display scroll = "no" and that it return to the line to be displayed on 2 or 3 lines.

Thank you all for your responses

geposted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 8:16 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can use the \n to get a new line, but there is no way to split a big preset text to more than 1 line.
so if e.g. the %Title of a song needs to go into 2 lines (too big to fit in one line), you simply cant do this.
But you could have ..
format="mpla mpla text for line 1\n more blah blah text for line2"

geposted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 4:05 pm
Hello djdad ,
I draw your attention to the fact whether the sampler with 12 slots and not the desks.
So I face the loading of the sound sample and his name.

This forces me to write in the XML
<text font="arial greek" size="18" align="center" scroll="no" format="19. Happy \n Birthday"/>
instead of
<text font="arial greek" size="18" align="center" scroll="yes" format="`get sample_slot_name 1`"/>

Thank you

geposted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 8:27 am
Not sure if i understand what you mean, but i ll give another shot, even though i think i was clear enough.

the 1st script (with Happy Birthday) is possible to split in multiple lines. So if you have a certain text , you can split it in multiple lines using \n
the 2nd script (using get_sampler_name x or any other action) cannot be placed in multiple lines.

geposted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 7:03 pm
Djdad thank you,

By using
<text font="arial greek" size="18" align="center" scroll="no" format="TXT 1 for line 1\n TXT 2 for line 2"/>

\n = little square and not going to the line

an idea ?
Thank you

geposted Sat 13 Jun 15 @ 8:54 am
You have version="8" at the top line of your skin, and you are using version 8 , right ?
Oh and something else, if you use e.g. size="15" for the text, and need 2 lines, you need to set height at least 2xsize so height="30" for this example.

I think the \n never worked for version 7

geposted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 2:58 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)