Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Auto gain in vdj8

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Is there a way to activate autogain where it could work with a controller that only works as a external mixer? I just found out that if I dont use the gain on vdj like fake gain as is by default on the mapper then the autogain can and will take effect on the level of the output goin to my mixer (pioneer ddj sz) and its great if I never touch the gain knob on my controller but then when I do turn the actual gain knob on my controller pretty much resets autogain and goes in manual gain with twice the volume after 0db.

geposted Fri 28 Aug 15 @ 11:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You need to keep the fake_gain in the mapping or else you will be getting what you say.
About the autogain, i believe it should work as well. But you need to have your tracks analyzed or at least not press PLAY before the track completely loads.
Autogain should work on fake_gain mode as well. It should bring the level to zeroDB value and then you will be able to adjust the gain from the mixer, but of course not changing any value on the software gain, meaning that probably the auto+remember wont work (i may be wrong on this).

geposted Fri 28 Aug 15 @ 11:44 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)