Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin resolution choice and slip mode indicator

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since my last skin creating and at this point I would like to make a new one. Although due to the latest skin engine's updates i am a little confused about some issues.

1. As a matter of fact I don’t have a high end laptop or a high end pc. So I am not running on a full HD monitor. Should I create my new skin on my standard resolution or it should be wiser to make it for full HD monitors? Does VDJ engine reduce image quality when downgrade the resolution or it's the same? If it's the same I am willing to spend some additional time for a standard 1920x1080 image.

2. Is there any new "get pos" verb which can get the position difference when slip mode is activated? I am interesting to create a CDJ like ring indicator when slip mode is on. I already know the clone_deck trick!

That's all; I have some study to do to fully understand the new VDJ's elements

geposted Wed 16 Sep 15 @ 9:53 pm
1) As it always happens with graphics, subtracting info is far more easier than adding. What this means is that you can always resize down a large image without any significant/visible quality loss, but you can never upscale it without making it look blurry and fuzzy.
2) I think the action you are looking for is "get_rotation_slip"

geposted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 6:01 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)