Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VDJ Script Verbs update

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

GianVJPRO InfinityMember since 2012
When the page of VDJ Script Verbs 8 will be updated ? ( http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs_v8.html )
Now doesn't contain all the verbs supported by VDJ 8.(1) and it's not reasonable to check the build history log to find the new supported verbs.

Thank You for attention.

geposted Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 10:33 am
I'm sure it will be updated in due course.
You can check all the verbs in the controller section of software.

geposted Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 7:19 pm
Thank You for answer, but I think verbs section are outdated from several months and meanwhile VDJScript verbs are much increased, but not yet documented.
I think it's not difficult to update those section every time a new VDJScript are implemented (max 1-2 on every build);I think it's more difficult to update it very later, because it's necessary to re-read the history of every build to catch the new VDJScript verbs. I'm software developer, I know this issue and undocumented features it's a bad thing for any software.
And VDJScript verbs are another things that Controller verbs: I need it updated for develop a skin (this section of forum), not for a controller. ;-)

Anyway, again thank You for response.

geposted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 8:59 am
VDJ Script verbs are used for both, controllers mapping and skin creation. There are no different verbs for skins and controllers.
Also, ALL verbs are documented inside VirtualDj itself. When you try to remap an element or create/edit a custom button all verbs among with their documentation are listed on the appropriate windows.
Finally, a couple of verbs that don't have a description inside VirtualDj are "special" verbs (usually used on special cases with some "tricky" controllers) and they should better not be used on any other case.

We understand that having all verbs on a page is much more efficient than browsing a verb inside the software and we plan to update the page, but there are not any undocumented verbs (besides the ones mentioned above)

geposted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 9:15 am
I know that verbs for "Controllers" are used such "VDJScript verbs"; but you agree with me that not the same thing, otherwise why are on different pages ?
The actually help page for VDJScript contains much more verbs than page of Controller verbs... but it's not updated and missing VDJscript verbs are missing also in controllers verbs page, so controllers help page, for me, it's not the solution.
Example of missing VDJScript help page:
- IsOk
- Mix_And_Load_Next
- Undo_Load
- Browsed_File_Rename
- Reanalyze
- Quantize_Loop
- Is_AudioOnlyVisualisation
ecc..

The "workaround" to catch this verbs from edit a Custom Button action at run-time it's a solution that I'll try and Thank You for this hint.
Now, I don't have my notebook with VDJ to try, but are you sure that verbs such as "IsOk" or "Is_AudioOnlyVisualisation" are showed also in edit Custom Buttons action ?
Anyway, for a developer, you agree with me, that's it's preferable to have this information on searchable page instead to "try" to find a verbs with some "attempts" on edit a Custom Button at run-time.

Thank You for support.

geposted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 10:10 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I'm not aware that a verb 'IsOk' even exists. (at least it doesn't in v8)

geposted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 6:32 pm

geposted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 7:30 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

SCNR :)

geposted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 10:38 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
isok won't show up in the list of verbs because it isn't a verb, it's a prefix modifier like 'not' is.

I've just updated the wiki list of verbs :)

geposted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 11:15 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)