Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Need A Stereo To Mono Switch

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Need A Stereo To Mono Switch. There is no option for setting the Stereo channels to Mono that I kind find.
Many of the Old School Skins have the graphics option for this switch.

geposted Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 4:41 pm
It's on the audio setup screen might not be available in LE version.

geposted Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 5:55 pm
Thank You very much for the reply. Doa! I forgot to look there.
Jon J.

geposted Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 9:05 pm
The Mono options in the Audio Menu does not work for what I was looking for.
All Professional audio Mixers have a Mono/Stereo output Switch. VDJ does not have this option for on the fly Stereo to Mono output and it should be part of the systems Audio Options as the Master Volume and the Master Balance is.

geposted Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 6:52 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

geposted Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 7:48 pm
Thank You SBDJ you are always very helpful to me.
Thank You.

geposted Sun 21 Feb 16 @ 10:02 pm
Have send You a VST Plugin to Switch Stereo to Mono.
Greatz Dani

geposted Tue 23 Feb 16 @ 11:35 am
I tried the stereomon.dll and I could not get the manual stereo/mono switch to recognize it. The only way is to use the SBDJs effects plugin to use it thru the effects activation switch, and that works good. I was hoping for a skin to flip the switch, to go from stereo to mono without having to use it as an effect. VDJ8 was updated to use a default knob for the balance control a while back. The type of switch that I was trying to set up would need to be a VDJ8 core fix.
But that is ok for now, maybe it will be an update later on.
Thank You to all that has tried to help me out.
Jon J.

geposted Thu 25 Feb 16 @ 3:50 am
You could always use a custom button to turn the effect on and off, giving you that single button toggle without having to select the effect etc.

geposted Thu 25 Feb 16 @ 2:38 pm
That is what I thought, But i'm stumped on how to get it done, that is the fun part of working with the skins, is trial an error.I have tried different commands on the button Slide Switch and had no luck yet. What is the .dll command line name that I need to use on the Switch command?
Thanks SBDJ.
Jon J.

geposted Thu 25 Feb 16 @ 5:05 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
effect _active 'sbdj stereochannel' & effect _button 'sbdj stereochannel' 1

1 at the end for left, 2 for right

first press turns it into dual mono output, second press turns the fx off and you get stereo.

geposted Thu 25 Feb 16 @ 5:23 pm
Thank You.
Jon J.

geposted Mon 29 Feb 16 @ 6:58 pm
I finally got it to work. With this config.

<button action="effect 'SBDJ StereoChannel' active on" rightclick="effect 'SBDJ StereoChannel' active off">
<size width="24" height="12"/>
<pos x="445" y="448"/>
<off x="445" y="448"/>
<on x="524" y="1520"/>
</button>

Thank You to all of you that replied to my request. Much Appreciated!

geposted Mon 29 Feb 16 @ 9:16 pm
Or you could try this way..
Assuming you're using audio from your controller, or it could also work with the onboard 5.1 sound card..

In my example, you need to duplicate each deck to route the same to both left and right this gives mono.
save as a preset in the bottom right of the audio config screen.

geposted Thu 03 Mar 16 @ 12:58 am
Thank You Mark Smolinski yes that would work also. I am not using a Controller as of yet, Just for home use, fixing up the Skins that did nor work in
VDJ 8. I am not yet a Professional user as of yet until I purchase the VDJ 8.1 pro. Waiting on Finances to Balance out better then I am going to purchase it as all of the Staff has been more than kind to me with help on Fixing the 7 Skins. So many Skins available, but they where not compatible with VDJ 8. I now have a large inventory of the other wonderful Skin Creator's property and I would love to give them back to them fixed, but I do not know how to reach them.
Thank You to the Staff and all of you that has responded to my wishes.
Jon J.

geposted Thu 03 Mar 16 @ 6:05 am
I am looking for this exact same thing too. I switched from using a mixer with a stereo/mono switch to using a controller without one. I'd like to assign a button to this function.

The StereoMono plugin sounds like it just reverses the left and right channel or plays either the left or right channel through both outputs. I want to combine both left and right, then play them through both outputs. Does it do that? Also, I'm confused about choosing Chan 1&2 vs. Chan 1 (mono) in the audio setttings. Could someone explain the difference? Will this do what I'm looking for?

Thanks!

geposted Fri 08 Apr 16 @ 12:28 pm
StereoChannel has a stereo mix option, which mixes L and R, then outputs that to both channels.

geposted Fri 08 Apr 16 @ 2:35 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)