Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Backspin volume issue - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hi,

so in VDJ 7 when i do a manual backspin using the jogs on the versadeck the volume does not increase, with vdj 8 the there is a big volume increase when i do a manual backspin, this is an issue as i have set the gains properly for live gigs and i use manual backspin a lot. any ideas how to stop this

geposted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 4:31 pm
I also have this problem. I like to do manual backspins occasionally when I'm djing but now it is way too loud. It actually makes the output leds peak and sounds terrible. I hope there is something that can be done to rectify this.

geposted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 7:07 pm
yes,

this becomes a real issue when the night is really going on and the system is on full volume or at the limit, backspin at these times drives the speakers to distortion.

geposted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 12:39 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Should be fixed in the latest (early access) version.

geposted Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 3:51 pm
Checked with 8.2 b3343 issue is still there :(

geposted Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 4:01 pm
As a temporary fix - if you know it's going to be loud, why don't you just lower the channel fader as you backspin?

geposted Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 5:05 pm
Yeah that's what I do. But in live situations it's sometimes hard to remember to do that. Plus I use the crossfader to mix unlike most guys who use the upfaders.

geposted Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 5:14 pm
any updates on this one?

geposted Thu 11 Aug 16 @ 12:21 am
Latest version has a fix for the backspin effect
For manual backspins with the jogs then increased volume during a backspin is the expected behavior. The more velocity you use for the backspin, the more loud the volume gets. That's always the case even with turntables. It's due to nature of wave physics.

geposted Thu 11 Aug 16 @ 7:59 am
I actually haven't faced this with real or virtual vinyl. The sad part is it doesn't happen in 7. So I doubt it's wavy physics there.

geposted Thu 11 Aug 16 @ 11:26 am
I have to agree with Charitha. The manual backspin volume is not as loud in other dj software and its certainly got worse in VDJ 8. I simply don't do the backspins at all now as it sounds far too loud and high pitched.

geposted Thu 11 Aug 16 @ 1:08 pm
I was thinking earlier - maybe I should do an experiment and record the results of backspinning vinyl on a Technics deck vs backspinning the same track in VDJ and then compare the waveforms.

geposted Thu 11 Aug 16 @ 1:16 pm
i think u should.. i am gonna do vdj 7 vs vdj 8 because i think thats more comparable...

geposted Thu 11 Aug 16 @ 1:32 pm
any news on this one, this is still an issue as i found out this Saturday at a live gig, did some backspin's that took the ears off some of the people that were near the speaker.. :)

geposted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 4:46 pm
Turn the volume down - or use a compressor/limiter on your output.

geposted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 4:52 pm
i would love to, but in live situations sometimes u have to do things quickly and i mix with the cross fader since i gain stage my output prior to the event..

i am still puzzled as to why vdj7 does this without and issue and VDJ 8 cannot do it :(

geposted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 4:57 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Different softwares,different way of handling things,
In v7 all fx had their own limiter built in,

You can run the v7 backspin effect on v8 by renaming the .dll
but be warned it has been blacklisted for a reason, the one I know of is that it doesn't turn itself off when finished so you have to turn it off maunally or you get silence when playing another track on that deck.

geposted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 10:56 pm
Hi

It's not the effect. I do manual backspins. :) it's where the issue is.

geposted Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 11:36 am
hi,

As a DJ who almost never has a preplanned set, backspins are quite essential for me to add some flavor or get me out of trouble sometimes :) so i would really appreciate it if the developers can look into this, as a person in the tech industry i am quite sure this is not a big thing to add as the gain is set on the deck to stick to it on the backspins.

geposted Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 1:58 pm
I still think this needs a fix... :(

geposted Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 2:19 am
95%