Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Filter Folders

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm wondering if there is any way to use a variable/global or setting in the filter folder query. What I'm trying to achieve is use a (controller or screen) button(s) to change the filter folder criteria.

For example all my songs have a value in a tag, that represents the energy level of the song, then with e.g. a -/+ button on the skin I can select which energy level.

Another option would be to test any tag VDJ has. The energy level is in the grouping tag (Mixed in Key puts it there) then I could create some folders energy up or down depending on the current song.

I now have a huge tree with subfolders for all energy level / bpm combination (which works, but it's a LOT of folder :-) )

If anyone is interested by the way, I'm happy to share my filter folder set (which is inspired by and a modded version of My Library)

geposted Thu 28 Jul 16 @ 11:25 pm
make a filter folder with this as the filter -> group by Grouping
set scope to database

its will create a filter folder with sub folders for each grouping entry present so if you have numbers in there, there will be a folder for each number

geposted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 12:08 am
Yes thanks, that is nice option :-)

Then I tried this... ( grouping = 1 or grouping = 2 or grouping = 3 ) and group by bpm, but that doesn't give any result :-) It would also be cool if you can create a group by folder "under" a filter folder.

geposted Sat 30 Jul 16 @ 12:10 pm
when you enter one of the folders you could sort by bpm (click bpm header).. unfortunately you can not group by 2 items

you could do -> group by grouping sort by bpm ..................... it will skip the sorting step above

geposted Sat 30 Jul 16 @ 12:27 pm
ah found something :-)

group by harmonic with grouping = 6 sort by bpm ( I can make one of those for each energy level which I have in the grouping and then sort by bpm ).

This is great :-P

geposted Sat 30 Jul 16 @ 1:51 pm
Got it yeaah :-) This gives me what I need, just one folder!

Group By Grouping with (Bpm Difference <2 and Key Difference <1 and exists = 1 )

So I can quickly find compatible song with a energy lever higher or lower, then one with Genre would also be neat, so you can switch.

Also figured out how the recursive folders work.

geposted Sat 30 Jul 16 @ 4:16 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)