Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon MC7000 controller - Page: 3

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Normally the builds are released on a Monday or thereabouts.

Maybe something has come up in beta testing that has delayed it. May be another week ..... who knows.

No point continually posting as it will happen when it happens.

geposted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 1:20 pm
djxhalxPRO (OEM)Member since 2014
So I gotta a week old controller sitting in the box, cause anyone can't help me with device definition file from mcx8000 - which I believe would work just fine with the mc7000 after a few edits in the notepad. And waiting for the native support is a pain, cause it's another week of testing the hardware/software in my studio wasted. I hate sitting and doing nothing :/

geposted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 1:30 pm
That's just the lay of the land when you buy a controller that is released with competing software.

The fact that Denon don't give Atomix any pre-release info is the real issue here, I'm sure Babis, George and the team are working hard on this but as you know with software development nothing is guaranteed to a timescale.

geposted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 2:01 pm
GalawasPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Had mine a little over a week now, I thinks it's getting cobwebs, gonna probably end up dusting it off with serato.

geposted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 3:00 pm
I've tried Serato with every new controller i've had (denon mc6000 mk2, pioneer ddj-sz and now denon mc7000) - still it's bollocks. Serato has everything under the hood so you either accept it as it is and like it, or not (which is my answer). VDJ SUPPORT STAFF - learn from it - we like to participate, customize and test it ourselves, just share the device definition and mapping files for the VDJ forum community, and when officially ready in the next build for the masses.

geposted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 4:45 pm
How many times .... the definition files are part of the executable and are not publicly available. This is a commercial and copyright decision made by Atomix.

You either wait for official controller support or use the software provided by the controller manufacturer. That is it.

geposted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 4:57 pm
This skin is very beautiful. Wow! How can i get it ?

geposted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 5:41 pm
I think you know more than we do if you know what it looks like.

geposted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 7:42 pm
The MC7000 is now natively supported in the latest build (just updated today).

geposted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 7:45 pm
It's ready? Screw the job, going home to download :D

geposted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 7:51 pm
groovindj wrote :
The MC7000 is now natively supported in the latest build (just updated today).

Awesome News!

geposted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 8:21 pm

Selected as best answer geposted Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 10:39 pm
Hats off to Denon, this thing is frigging sick!

geposted Wed 11 Jan 17 @ 3:38 am
Indeed...indeed! The Denon MC7k and VDJ8 - just AWESOME!

Thanks much to Atomix staff - just right in time! My MC7k arrived this morning. Amazing day!

And the jog wheels are a lot magnitude freer than the SX2 which has a discernible drag in it. A lot more punch than the SX2 and depth than the MC6k.

geposted Wed 11 Jan 17 @ 4:55 am
Thanks Atomix! It works great and it will be a pleasure to work with VDJ software!

geposted Wed 11 Jan 17 @ 8:56 am
WOW! Coming from version 7 and a MC3000 & 6000 to the MC7000 and VDJ8! It's like someone gave me the keys to a Lamborghini and said have fun!

geposted Wed 11 Jan 17 @ 7:29 pm
Glad your still around Rob!! I see ya on the Gram, lol!!

And yeah 8 is a beast compared to 7. Welcome to the club my friend!!

geposted Wed 11 Jan 17 @ 8:35 pm

Still ecstatic with MC7k, testing and playing the whole day! Got 2 identical laptops playing the same tracks - one Serato DJ Video (USB1), the other VDJ8 (USB2). Talking about side-by-side comparison of the two DJ softwares on a Denon machine, ha! Cool!

geposted Wed 11 Jan 17 @ 10:44 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Glad your still around Rob!! I see ya on the Gram, lol!!

And yeah 8 is a beast compared to 7. Welcome to the club my friend!!

I don't visit here much anymore but I'm back! I think I still have that Gig Skinz bag I got from you back in the day. It served me well for a few years but had to get a backspin 2 with a little more cushion.

geposted Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 1:27 am
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
For a controller that was built for Serato, it's amazing on VDJ. Virtually ever single button or switch has a useful purpose.

Well done VDJ team - thank you!

geposted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 6:08 am
40%