Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: jog dial midi message sending interval

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

what is the recommended jog dial midi message sending interval value for touch sensitive platters with virtual dj 8?? my laptop has the requirements....but if the value is set too low(less than 5ms),the scratch sounds sorta digital..and higher settings results in laggy jogwheel

geposted Thu 20 Oct 16 @ 3:38 am
nothing???

geposted Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 12:01 am
would of really thought some users of the pioneer line of controllers would share some of their experiences..........

geposted Thu 24 Nov 16 @ 1:55 pm
Midi Jog interval is system dependant. What works for you may not work for others and vice versa.
So, use what feels better to you.
BTW: Most users leave the interval in it's default value.

geposted Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 8:11 am
system dependent in terms of the sound of the scratch? or in terms of stability? i can have it at the ddj sr's lowest default which is 3ms ......but the scratch sounds digital

geposted Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 8:44 pm
There's no issue with stability on systems other than Windows Vista (it was the only OS that the MIDI stack could stuck with a low midi interval)
Therefore it's system dependant in terms of performance

geposted Mon 28 Nov 16 @ 9:52 am
In my ongoing tests of different settings etc....it is shaping to this formula...keep your soundcard latency to double the dial midi latency for the scratch sound to sound okish..so for example with the ddj sr(lowest value can be set is 3 ms,hopefully pioneer can lower it to 1ms with a firmware update),a latency of 6ms should be ok on your soundcard(i use mine at 2 kernels to compensate for the higher value)....
the scratches sound too digital when i set the soundcard latency lower(i can go as low as 1ms 3 kernels!)

again..these are just my observations over time....your's might be different..feel free to post though

geposted Thu 22 Dec 16 @ 10:49 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)