Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: VideoAlpha and VideoChromaKey

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'd like to see a few new options for video support:

VideoAlpha setting, which would optionally blend the video or karaoke currently playing with the background (for example a visualization plugin specified with videoAudioOnlyVisualization)

VideoChromaKey, which would do the same thing but selectively turn part of the output transparent (could be set to black for most karaoke tracks, to show the words on top of the visualization plugin)

Thanks!

Edit: I see there is a video_level action. It would be great if this video_level would allow the videoAudioOnlyVisualization to show through when set to 0.5, for example. This would address the first suggestion.

Edit 2: Would it be possible to have video effect plugins that affected just the source video, instead of the master output? Or to insert visualization plugins below the source video? For example, start a visualizer which is "below" the media being played, and then have a VideoEffectPlugin which does alpha or chroma key? Then it would be much more flexible, because anybody could create plugins to affect the source media, or act as backgrounds.

geposted Wed 16 Nov 16 @ 2:35 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
elindsey wrote :
Would it be possible to have video effect plugins that affected just the source video, instead of the master output?

Just activate the video effect on the relevant deck instead of the master :)

elindsey wrote :
Or to insert visualization plugins below the source video?

It's actually possible for a visualisation plugin to do this.

geposted Wed 16 Nov 16 @ 12:25 pm
Perfect! It looks like I need to create a Chroma Key video effect plugin now. :-)

My concern now is this: if I create the plugin, and remove the background from the source video by loading my plugin on a deck, it will still deactivate the videoAudioOnlyVisualisation plugin because it thinks the deck video is replacing it, yes?

geposted Wed 23 Nov 16 @ 2:20 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you have a video loaded on that deck then the videoAudioOnlyVisualisation plugin would not be active on that deck. You could activate an instance of the plugin on that deck, but you wouldn't able to key between the two. It would have to be added to the visualisation itself.

geposted Thu 24 Nov 16 @ 1:17 am
In that case, consider this feature request as follows: keep videoAudioOnlyVisualisation operational at all times when VirtualDJ's video is activated, and render it prior to the source video. This would be beneficial for two reasons that I can think of: (1) video effects involving alpha could be applied to the deck's source video, and (2) this would eliminate the stutter experienced during visualization start/stop, ensuring a smoother experience--my interface freezes for about half a second every time I have video in both decks and unload one of them, causing the visualization to be started.

I understand that this would have a negative impact on overall performance, but I have plenty of CPU to spare. If a DJ is using videoAudioOnlyVisualisation part of the time, then the hardware presumably should be able to handle the load. If it can't, and the hardware really can only perform one of the two (video decoding & output OR visualization), then I would like to see videoAudioOnlyVisualisationAlwaysActive or videoAudioOnlyVisualizationStopDuringVideo added as an option in the menus.

Thanks for your consideration, and thanks to @SBDJ in particular for your attention and discussion.

geposted Wed 14 Dec 16 @ 4:03 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Which plugin do you use that takes so long to start?

geposted Wed 14 Dec 16 @ 6:12 am
Adion wrote :
Which plugin do you use that takes so long to start?

SoundSpectrum's G-Force. It's quite performant once it's running, but the initialization is noticeable.

FWIW, the primary purpose of this request is to enable alpha effects on source media. The fact that it would eliminate the stutter is simply a bonus.

geposted Sun 18 Dec 16 @ 5:08 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)