Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ Search field not working properly

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

All of a sudden last night, VDJ suddenly didn't want to recognise songs in my library via search field. Ive noticed that ALL my music is now green starred - it thinks they are new tracks not played before. What is the issue/solution?

geposted Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 1:25 pm
Try to reboot your PC first and then check again...
There's a small chance a previous instance of VirtualDj is still running and it has locked the database.

geposted Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 1:30 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Try to reboot your PC first and then check again...
There's a small chance a previous instance of VirtualDj is still running and it has locked the database.

Rebooted system last night. No joy!

geposted Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 1:35 pm
Where are your media files stored ?
Internal drive ? External ?

If ALL your songs are listed as new then something's wrong with the database, OR the location of the files...
Please check VirtualDj home directory and "VirtualDj" folder on the root of non-system drives about your database...
Also make sure you didn't move your media files by accident inside a new folder or something.

geposted Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 2:12 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Are you on a MAC or Windows system?

geposted Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 3:48 pm
Mac

geposted Sat 19 Nov 16 @ 6:26 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
There is at least one german speaking user that has the same problem on Mac.

We are still trying to figure out why it is happening. So far we eliminated the posibility of hardware issues, as this has happened with an old and brand new external hdd.

The following is happening:

VDJ will not recognize some tracks anymore. Tracks with a playcount of 80, 90 plays are suddently not recognized anymore and a new or other DB entry is created. I have compared a backup DB file with the "broken" db. And it clearly says playcount 0 for this file. Also there are no POIs for these songs. It is like VDJ was deleting the old db entry and creates a new one.

This thing has happened not only after starting VDJ, it has happened this weekened DURING a gig. Tracks that where known at the beginning of the gig suddently changed to "new" files. There was no crash or other suspicious things going on.

We are now at the point that is has something to do with VDJ and Sierra or just sierra. Because this is only happening on MAC systems. File permissions are read/writte. We checked that aswell.

As I said above, we are not able to reproduce it and are not sure what is happening. Thing is, there is something happening with the VDJ DB.

Maybe some other users do have the same problems.

Edit:
luzmarketing wrote :
Mac

What OSX version are you using?

geposted Mon 21 Nov 16 @ 10:06 am
BraenzuPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2007
i'm the other user with the same problem ;o)

@luzmarketung
are you using mac with SIERRA

Braenzu

geposted Mon 21 Nov 16 @ 10:16 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)