Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: Skin Builder - Page: 1
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 3:11 pm
Can you start with the default skin with this and then just make small changes, or do you start with a blank page so to speak? I use the default skin, and dont want to detract from that too much, but would just like to add in a row of knobs that i can set as the volume for each sample group. I have already added in the custom buttons.

geposted Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 3:15 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
you start from scratch andy,
OT but if you've added custom buttons you can add custom dials in just the same way and map map them to your sampler groups

geposted Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 3:43 pm
Yeah i added the custom butons x 3 and custom dial x1 each deck, this was just an option to tick in the settings menu. Are you saying there is more? The reason i want this, and maybe there is another way round this, is that I use apc mini for samples. But unlike my controller, VDJ doesn't remember the fader position. so being able to see each fader and what position it is at would be nice, though it would just be better if VDJ remembered the fader position. I have the one custom dial set as the sample master volume.

geposted Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 3:50 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
we'll take this to pm

geposted Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 3:59 pm
Off topic post, self censored. :-)

geposted Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 5:52 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Can You make a Video on this NEW V3 ?

geposted Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 8:34 pm
doesn´t run on mac :(

geposted Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 9:58 pm
Ok i bilt my skin, but because of certain features, i still use silver sleek 3. My question is How can i use different things instead of what included in the builder. Like I want the bar counter in my rhythm wave. Is that possible?

geposted Sun 18 Dec 16 @ 1:17 pm
Working with JMF to add things to my skin, what you guys think. Its a controller external mixer type skin.

geposted Mon 19 Dec 16 @ 8:08 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Skin Builder v3 need work for mac user ALL the icons are took small to use or see and when you try to move or resize they disappear.
https://youtu.be/ShIwFkum3cI

geposted Mon 19 Dec 16 @ 8:29 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Working with JMF to add things to my skin, what you guys think. Its a controller external mixer type skin.

We just incorporated Phantomdj's preparation skin ooooh...we having fun

geposted Mon 19 Dec 16 @ 9:56 pm
@AsTheDJ+ As far as i can see, probably you were using skins in the past with "windows" (even an older Skin Builder version), and since VDJ uses exactly the same settings to store info for them, you will need to empty/delete that setting.
The easier way is to backup/move your settings.xml file from VirtualDJ/Documents folder and restart VirtualDJ or .. open VirtualDJ->Settings->OPTIONS tab->empty skinVisibility and SkinPosition settings and restart VirtualDJ

Until i find a way to compile the same project on Mac, i am afraid that you will have to use a Windows computer (or bootcamp Mac), as the Extractor only works on windows atm.

geposted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 11:32 am
DJDAD, Im trying to make a daylight skin from my created skin above, but im not able to open the daylight version. Is there something im missing?

geposted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 1:29 pm
Can you add "default wave up/down" please.

geposted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 6:56 pm
is there a way to lock the background in place? i accident touched it bringing it to the top layer. then had to start over or a way to lock a layer as you go!

geposted Mon 06 Feb 17 @ 9:51 pm
Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent this. The only way is to hide (turn off) background elements , keep working on the skin and then reveal (turn on) them again , right before exporting

geposted Tue 07 Feb 17 @ 12:43 am
Is there a way to save it and lock it . I don't want to be able to edit it for any reason. I accidentally messed it up ten times.

geposted Tue 07 Feb 17 @ 3:08 am
You are not trying to play/mix with Skin Builder, right ? All you are using that is to create/design your favorite skin (its the extractor that u need to use in order to do that).
So, i dont understand why dont you leave the background elements to show/enable last , just before you close Skin Builder (VirtualDJ) and then use the Extractor ?
BTW, the extractor application provides you the ability to save your current project, load a different one etc.

geposted Wed 08 Feb 17 @ 1:25 am
I was using the skin builder beta .. It worked ok. I tried to extract the skin and it came back with a total mess of nonsense. Im not sure if you can use the beta version with the extractor.

geposted Sat 11 Feb 17 @ 5:38 am
25%