Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: itunes file format and quality

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

AzmaelPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Hello tech nerds! :)

I am a beginner DJ and I am currently looking at what file format I should use for DJing.
For buying the kind of music that I am DJing, itunes is the place to go. But apparently they sell their songs in the m4a format at 256 kb/s.
I would prefer flac, but if it has to be a compressed format it should at least be 320 kb/s. Can you somehow buy lossless files from itunes?

Do you guys know different online shops with a big collection that sell in lossless formats? Are you people happy DJing with the music quality that itunes provides?

geposted Thu 09 Mar 17 @ 8:19 am
m4a at 256kb will play fine and be an ok file quality. I do personally use only Flac files for djing. I have a load of mp3's which if requested i will use, but 6000 of my songs are Flac so I use these for 99%. I would say the lowest quality i would want would be 320kbs. Many people will say that nobody can tell the difference between a 320 and a flac. Though i have a number of songs in both format and have loaded them to each deck, synced them and and then crossfaded between them. The difference is subtle, but it is there. So in my opinion, if you are buying new tracks, buy in the highest quality. After all, why wouldn't you given the choice. You wouldn't buy a standard definition DVD if they have it on blue ray, despite the fact that after ten minutes of watching you kind of wouldn't consciously notice.

For info I use CDPool as my dj pool, because you can download in Flac and all other songs i download from Qobuz because they have pretty much everything in Flac.

geposted Thu 09 Mar 17 @ 9:02 am
AzmaelPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Thanks a lot, you gave me a lot of useful information there.

geposted Fri 10 Mar 17 @ 7:59 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)