Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: ASK THE DJ = transformative feature

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

toynoyzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The Ask The DJ feature has been transformative for my venues. I get miles and miles of use out of it. Bravo guys. However, it has also created an issue I am hoping you can solve behind the scenes in the magic pixie dust room where you guys code this great software.

I like to play requests, they guide my night in a direction that the crowd is looking for. Sometimes its just a great song that has faded from my conciousness, sometimes it's for a group of 25 birthday celebrators. BUT...sometimes it's one person sending 100 requests. Most requests from my customers dont have a user name on the requests. This creates an issue. How do I know the person sending 100 requests vs the other requests? Im looking for a solution that doesnt have me policing people to be sure they add their name (which they can change each time) Here is my thought.

When a requests comes thru the VDJ system, is there a unique IP address or MAC address that is registered by the system? Im assuming yes since we can send a response back. So is it possible to display this unique identifier to us on screen with the request? That way we can tell if its one person sending ten requests or 10 people sending a request each.

I hope this all makes sense. The feature has been so well received that I walk in, fire up my system and requests are already coming in before I announce it or put it on the screens. But I need to separate the multi requests. Id need to play a requests from lots of people...not just one so everyone is happy.

Thank you VDJ Team.

Mark

geposted Wed 29 Mar 17 @ 2:49 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
+1
great suggestion.

geposted Sun 02 Apr 17 @ 12:42 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)