Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sound cutting out solved

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I purchased a new asus laptop and noticed that every one on awhile the song would just cut in and out . I have been trying to fix this problem for three weeks now , and even exchanged my laptop thinking maybe something wrong with it .. I was reading up more on latency and downloaded the latency checker and noticed that when I had my internet on I was getting some high red spikes , so I disabled my wifi and i have yet to get one red spike , but soon as i turn my wifi back on it goes red .. I updated my drivers on my internet but that did not solve the problem , not sure if this is a windows 10 problem but does anyone know of a fix for this ..

geposted Fri 05 May 17 @ 2:12 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Fri 05 May 17 @ 2:27 am
It could be Windows is updating. Could be computer has stuff being sent over the net in the background. Could be a conflict with the wireless card. You need to see what's running in the background also knowing the specs on the computer can be helpful.

geposted Fri 05 May 17 @ 2:29 am
I did all this and the only thing giving me big spikes is the wifi adapter there is nothing running in the backround I have turned everything off

General optimisation:

1. Set your computer's power for high performance
If your computer is set to conserve energy, the CPU may not be running at full speed all of the time. This can have a detrimental effect on your computer's audio performance. To set your computer's power for high performance:
- Go to: Control Panel>Power Options
- Choose "High Performance"
- Then click the "Change plan settings" button. Make sure both power options are set to "Never".

2. Disable system sounds
System sounds can interrupt audio. Ensure that they are disabled by doing the following:
- Go to control panel and select "Sound"
- Go to the sounds tab
- Under sounds scheme, select "No sounds"
- Click "Apply" then, "OK"

3. Set processor scheduling to "Background services"
This will improve the performance of your audio drivers on your computer. To do this:
- In control panel select "system"
- Go to "Advanced system settings" and then the "Advanced" tab
- Click on "Settings.." under Performance to bring up the "Performance Options" window.
- Go to the "Advanced" tab and set processor scheduling as "Background Services"
- Click "Apply" then "OK"

4. Disable Windows Firewall, anti-virus and spyware software
These should all be disabled to ensure that no interferences occur during audio recording or playback and to ensure that maximum resources are available. To remain secure while your firewall and antivirus disabled, it is advisable to temporarily disconnect from any internet connections when working with audio. This will also make sure that no network adapters are conflicting with any audio.

5. Disable 'Windows Background Apps'
Windows 10, by default, runs a number of Apps in the background, regardless of whether you are using them.

Select 'Settings' from the Windows Start menu, select 'Privacy', then select 'Background Apps'. From here switch 'Off' the apps that you do not believe you are using, or that you do not wish to run in the background when you are not using the program.

6. Disable 'Windows updates from more than one place'
Navigate to 'Settings' in the Windows Start Menu.
Then select:

Update & Security -> Advanced Options -> Choose how updates are delivered -> Turn the slider from 'ON' to 'OFF'.

Advanced optimisation:

If you wish to optimise your system further, or you are using a system that is particularly lacking in resources you can follow the tips below for advanced optimisation.

Disable Visual effects
The visual features in Windows 10 can use resources that could otherwise help to improve audio performance. As a start, it is good idea to disable some of the visual features by doing the following:
- Bring back up the "Performance Options" window by following step 3 above and clicking on the "Visual Effects" tab and selecting "custom".
- Untick: "Animate windows when minimising and maximising" to help prevent glitches when minimising and maximising. You can also experiment with disabling other visual effects in the custom list to see how they improve audio performance.
- Once finished, press "OK"

If you wish to optimise your Windows 10 graphics for the best performance use the "Adjust for best performance" option.

Disable Network cards
Sometimes, network card drivers can cause problems with audio. A good troubleshooting step is to try disabling your network adapters in Device Manager, and then test local audio (like an .mp3) and see if you continue to have issues. This is also a good optimisation step in general. Disabled adpaters can easily be re-enabled at any point.

Disable Windows services
One way in which you can make more resources available to improve audio performance, is to disable unnecessary Windows 10 services as these use valuable resources. The following site has a comprehensive guide to the services running on Windows 10 and helps locate the services that are safe to disable: Windows 10 Service Configurations by Black Viper

geposted Fri 05 May 17 @ 1:22 pm
I am running a Asus Republic of gamers laptop

I7 2.8 GHz
Windows 10
16 gb ram
GTX 1050 Nvidia

geposted Fri 05 May 17 @ 1:25 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
To be clear, did the sound drops also stop when disabling wifi?

geposted Fri 05 May 17 @ 2:21 pm
Yes I can hear it in my headphones also and the speaker , i did that test that DJ DAD suggested and it shows my network driver going into the red zone , also i am getting red in the kernal mode driver framework ?

geposted Fri 05 May 17 @ 2:31 pm
So I am at my event today got everything hooked up and the first song I played it skipped and then it skipped again and again oh my god I have been testing this all day without any problems .so I got thinking maybe it's the speaker so I turned off the speaker to my left and it works perfect turns out the power cord has a Defect in it I put in a new cord and bang it works knock on wood !!!

geposted Fri 05 May 17 @ 8:04 pm
Too funny.

geposted Fri 05 May 17 @ 9:37 pm
pumpitentertainment wrote :
Yes I can hear it in my headphones also a

So what about this? You need new headphones as well?

geposted Sun 07 May 17 @ 10:41 am
So after about 30 mins the audio started cutting out again ! So I put away the new laptop that I just purchased and used my old one , for the rest of the night it was perfect .. the next day I set up my system at home to try and figure this out I hooked up the new laptop and right away it started cutting out , it then dawned on me maybe it's internet related so I disabled the wifi and now it works perfect .. soon as I turn it back on the sounds cuts out immediately.. so it looks like something in this wifi adapter is causing issues with the audio .. I had a gig last night played for 8 hours without any issues

geposted Sun 07 May 17 @ 1:39 pm
You have a newer ROG than I do, and I have WIFI on all the time. It's a new machine, but have you updated all of the drivers for the machine?

geposted Sat 13 May 17 @ 5:30 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
While sound cuts off, what do you read for Audio and Peak audio when mouse is over the CPU usage meter ?
Even though it is clear that the issue comes from the Wifi Adapter, there is a chance that it may only affect the controller/unit sound card , or does this happen without any controller connected as well ?

geposted Sat 13 May 17 @ 6:12 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)