Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: Mic FX - Page: 1
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Tue 13 Jun 17 @ 1:06 am
As of Builds 3731, Effects can be applied to the Microphone input without having to route mic to any specific deck. This page offers the ability to apply Effects on Microphone using the Pads section of VirtualDJ.

'mic' can be used with any effect_ action as a "slot"
E.g. effect_active 'mic' will apply the selected effect in the "mic" slot to the Microphone
effect_select 'mic' will offer the Effects list for the mic slot
Even though you can assign any mic slot effect actions to your keyboard/controller, the Pad page is useful mostly to see which effect is selected, since its not available in the default skins.

geposted Tue 13 Jun 17 @ 1:09 am
Can this be applied to a mic hooked up to a controller? SX2 in my case

I have a feeling the answer will be no. If so, are there any work arounds to get fx on a controller mic, outside of this plugin?

geposted Tue 13 Jun 17 @ 2:00 am
Will work with any microphone input as long as it's included in the audio setup. The majority of the controllers don't have the microphone input as part of the Audio interface though (hardware input) and the sx2 falls to this case

geposted Tue 13 Jun 17 @ 4:30 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could get another audio interface with a mic input and use that to connect your mic instead of the controller

geposted Tue 13 Jun 17 @ 9:06 am
Adion wrote :
You could get another audio interface with a mic input and use that to connect your mic instead of the controller

Not sure I follow, what type of audio interface are you referring to? Any examples would be helpful.

thanks!

geposted Tue 13 Jun 17 @ 2:17 pm
Any Audio Interface that offers an Input can be used as Microphone Input (preferably a dedicated one). Even your computer's built-in sound card can be used. You can see the devices that you can use in the Windows Control Panel --> Sound -->Recording tab
Simply connect a Microphone to the input of the sound card and add a "mic" line to your VirtualDJ Audio setup using that sound card and its input channels.

geposted Tue 13 Jun 17 @ 3:33 pm

geposted Tue 13 Jun 17 @ 3:37 pm
Hi is it the same with Pioneer DDJ RX ?

geposted Wed 14 Jun 17 @ 2:43 pm
Yes, the MIC input is hardware controlled and not available in sound drivers. Therefore you cannot use this plug-in with DDJ-RX directly

geposted Thu 15 Jun 17 @ 7:56 pm
Thanks! phantom

geposted Fri 16 Jun 17 @ 10:41 am
Hi there, how are you doing? I was testing this plugin and I've read the previous comments but it is not working at all.
Here is a screenshot of my audio setup (please ignore the errors to the right because my DDJ-SZ isn't connected right now).
Any advice, please.

geposted Wed 13 Sep 17 @ 12:37 pm

geposted Wed 13 Sep 17 @ 12:55 pm
DeeJay MAE wrote :
I've read the previous comments

Including this one?
djdad wrote :
The majority of the controllers don't have the microphone input as part of the Audio interface though (hardware input)

geposted Wed 13 Sep 17 @ 5:45 pm
As stated in the manual http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsz/mixer.html the MIC section of the DDJ-SZ is a "hardware" operation, meaning that the MIC input is not part of the USB Audio interface, so cannot be included in the Audio setup, nor can be controlled by VirtualDJ or apply any effects.

So, no, you cant use this Pads page to apply VirtualDJ Effects, and you ll need to remove the mic line from your Audio setup

If you want to use the Mic Effects of VirtualDJ, you will need to connect your Microphone to an input of a sound card that offers a proper Input as part of the USB Audio interface (could be even your computer's built-in Mic input) and use that sound card for the "mic" line.

geposted Wed 13 Sep 17 @ 8:11 pm
But what about a USB mic??? I have a AT2020USB+ mic and want to connect and then connect with sound effects and gain control and EQ. Why is it so hard to find a clear answer about this? It is so frustrating

geposted Thu 05 Oct 17 @ 7:11 am
Well if you've got the mic, why don't you plug it in and see if it works? Surely that would answer your question.

A USB mic is basically just a mic with an onboard USB audio interface, so plugging it in should allow your OS to see it as a "sound card". If your OS sees it, then VDJ can use it.

geposted Thu 05 Oct 17 @ 6:25 pm
My USB Mic is recognized but I want to use it for a radio show with talking in between songs and I don't find the control interface anywhere with a "push to talk" or to change the gain of the mic or to add sound effects or equalize etc. I tried to assign the mic to a third deck, but to no avail either. I really can't believe that VDJ can't be set up for radio broadcasting like as in Sam Broadcaster? It must be something I am overlooking right?

geposted Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 10:05 pm
So you've opened the VDJ config, gone to the audio page, enabled a mic input, set the mic input to be your AT2020, but when you switch the mic channel on via the VDJ skin, you get no audio?

geposted Wed 18 Oct 17 @ 6:50 pm
I do get the audio but between songs I need to have a button like "Push to talk" and also I need controls to only edit the FX and EQ of the mic alone, so that effects do not affect the decks where the music is playing. Basically when I click on Mixer I don't see a section for the mic and even on Master I can only put the mic on or off and edit the gain button there but no EQ and FX setting for the mic and no way to fade the music out while talking through the mic (like with SAM)

geposted Wed 18 Oct 17 @ 7:02 pm
67%