Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: Scratch Pad

geposted Wed 27 Sep 17 @ 7:26 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
I am checking it out

geposted Thu 28 Sep 17 @ 2:38 am
This is very much a work in progress. I will have a user manual up shortly, and a couple videos on how to properly implement the pad. Here's a brief description of the button behaviors:

Pad 1 : Momentary Smart Scratch on Active Deck
Pad 2 : Momentary 1/4bt Transform Smart Scratch (only cuts on backstrokes)
Pad 3 : Momentary Full Cut Transform at 1/4bt
Pad 4 : Momentary Full Cut Transform at 1/8bt
Pad 5 : Basically a Play Sync button to perform scratch drop ins
Pad 6 : Chirp Scratch, If pressed without touchwheel acts as a momentary mute. If pressed while touching wheel, cuts deck volume to 0, each subsequent press while still touching wheel brings deck level to 100 momentarily, releasing the touchwheel at any time will return deck level to 100.
Pad 7 : Play Quick sample (pressing shift + Pad 7 once sets quick sample record start point, second press sets record stop point)
Pad 8 : Momentary Full Cut Transform triplet

-Shift Plus Pad;
1 : Momentary deck mute (this is a mute not level 0)
2 : If deck is not playing sets Hot Cue 18, if deck is playing goes to hot cue 18 and continues to play, continuing to hold button down will act as a 1/4bt transform but only while touchwheel is touched.
3 :If deck is not playing sets Hot Cue 17, if deck is playing goes to hot cue 17 and continues to play, continuing to hold button down will act as a 1/4bt transform but only while touchwheel is touched.
4 : 1/8bt touchwheel activated transform while pressed.
5 : TBA
6 : TBA
7 : Quick Sample record button press once to start again to stop.
8 : 1/4bt touchwheel activated transform while pressed.

The script for setting the Transform cuts uses the masterdeck BPM, not the active deck BPM like Pioneer's controllers do(which never made sense to me) This allows you to grab a loop on your on-air deck during a performance and scratch over it, and your cuts will be on time.
note: When using any of the trans buttons, try to press the button on-beat, I suggest using the "ahhhh" sample and a simple beat loop around 100 bpm, and just experimenting.

I have an update coming, button 5 will arm a "drop in mode" tap it while touching wheel, then on the release of the wheel it starts the deck playing and syncs it with the masterdeck.

geposted Thu 28 Sep 17 @ 6:48 pm
IS WOW

geposted Fri 12 Jun 20 @ 2:13 pm