Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SoundSwitch - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

vdv)g&sPRO InfinityMember since 2017
And have not had any problems with virtual DJ for years, thanks to soudswitch to set up a whole PC to restore factory settings and completely re-install the music database from backup through corruption soundswitch data

i work with windows pc

Thank you for your time earlier on Teamviewer.
Ok so I have been working with the SoundSwitch Development Team regarding the character issue in your Database file.
The issue is that VDJ inputting incorrect characters into its database file which is causing the error in SoundSwitch.
For us to compensate for VDJs issue, we have to locate these characters and manually correct these in VDJ in order for these to be corrected in the XML File.
I have used a tool to look at your database file and your library contains over 300 incorrect characters.
Again, this is a issue caused by VDJ corrupting the XML File.
In order to resolve this issue we will have to make some changes to the SoundSwitch software which will take sometime weeks, if not months.
So, because the issues is caused by VDJ and not our software, we are going to reach out to VDJ to look into the corrupting of the XML file and see if they can help us.

I have CC'd Matt our head of product so we can try and get VDJ to help faster.

Thanks Liam

geposted Mon 03 Sep 18 @ 5:08 pm
gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
vdv)g&s wrote :
And have not had any problems with virtual DJ for years, thanks to soudswitch to set up a whole PC to restore factory settings and completely re-install the music database from backup through corruption soundswitch data

i work with windows pc

Ok so I have been working with the SoundSwitch Development Team regarding the character issue in your Database file.
The issue is that VDJ inputting incorrect characters into its database file which is causing the error in SoundSwitch.
For us to compensate for VDJs issue, we have to locate these characters and manually correct these in VDJ in order for these to be corrected in the XML File.
I have used a tool to look at your database file and your library contains over 300 incorrect characters.
In order to resolve this issue we will have to make some changes to the SoundSwitch software which will take sometime weeks, if not months.
So, because the issues is caused by VDJ and not our software, we are going to reach out to VDJ to look into the corrupting of the XML file and see if they can help us.

Thanks Liam

Is this an issue for everyone? Do we need to hold off on using SS for gigs if we have the latest VDJ, SS, and a Windows 10 setup?

I mostly use autoloops at this point.

Thanks!!
Chris

geposted Thu 06 Sep 18 @ 11:16 am
Hi guys, I need some help I've just purchased Sound Switch to be used on my VDJ8 Pro on my Mac. I've downloaded the plugin and don't know what to do next do I drag and drop it somewhere? please help

geposted Fri 07 Dec 18 @ 1:07 pm
hi guys
just trying out ss for the first time and i cant seem to get my virtual folders to load in ss??? it does see the playlists i have but i dont normally use playlist unless its for background music. also does it matter that they are video tracks??

yhanks for your help

geposted Fri 18 Jan 19 @ 10:17 pm
ansentPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Soundswitch 1.8 and VDJ8 were not playing nicely together. When i put the extension in via setup screen, found a very interesting bug. My files would not be viewable after a few songs, then when i go to setup page and touched the audio settings, VDJ would drop completely. uninstalled and re-installed , same problem. When i removed the extension, no issues at all.

MAcbook pro 10
Mojave 10.14.3
VDJ 8
Soundswitch 1.8

geposted Fri 08 Mar 19 @ 9:06 pm
UPDATE on where I'm at and where I think SS is at right now:

I have been testing out SoundSwitch (64-bit) and MyDMX 3.0 for months now and MyDMX Go for a few solid weeks, all with Donner wireless dongles. I am running VDJ 64-bit as well. I use two Chauvet Gigbar 2's and four ADJ Pocket Pro mini gobo's/spot's.

There are pros and cons of each DMX solution, but I'll focus on SS for this thread. I have probably sent SS support 50+ emails, and they have been eager and quick to help. I have watched nearly all of their videos.

There are some kinks to work out, but I think it is solid enough for prime-time. I have the DDJ-1000. I find that I have to turn on my DDJ-1000 and then my VDJ first, before opening up SS. SS has an audio player built-in for when you are creating/editing tracks, so your system may want to give sound priority to SS if it was turned on first.

I am running SS 2.0.3.14, which came out a few days ago. I was a pretty discouraged with the 1.XX version. 1.XX was buggy for me, and since I use two Chavet Gigbar 2's, you have to use "Attribute Cues" is SS to turn on/use some of the lights in the GB, like lasers and Derby rotation, etc. It was super painful and time consuming to put several Attribute Queues (AQ's) in a show in 1.XX. You had to keep creating it over, and over, and over again. This made me pull the plug on SS until they came out with 2.XX in April I believe. Now you can create a handful of AQ's, then drag and drop into your show.

Now SS becomes an option for me. I have learned SO much from back and forth emails that I don't know where else I could have found this information. Some of it may have come naturally to some users, but I don't think so. You can select multiple songs or a whole folder at once to automatically create a show or "Autoscript" (AS) for. You can then go in and tweak it. I am only at the beginning of learning what a good light show even should/can look like, but I have created what I think are some decent shows for a handful of songs.

There are several improvements and features that I think SS needs to figure out, but after creating a custom show and syncing it right on track beats, it is hard to go back to the generic way. Aside from doing a very custom show, other solutions are not great at staying on the beat.

Few things that SS needs in my opinion:
A more polished and easier GUI.
Much better MIDI controller support with active/inactive feedback, etc.
Better copy/paste functionality
Few bugs to iron out.

That is not a very long list, so I think we're getting somewhere.

I hope this helps someone :)

Chris

geposted Fri 28 Jun 19 @ 9:16 am
I just had them make me a A file for my gig bar where the lasers color speed pattern strobe are all controlled by movement cues not attribute cues.

As for the derby rotation I have that controlled via intensity.

Again I had them specially make the files for me so I could control the lights how I wanted them.

You need to think bigger and remember that since they know what each light does they can have it be controlled anyway they want more specifically anyway you want.

I have roughly 80,000 MP3s and video files within my library I spent about a good month scripting about 10% of my library and those were for my cord tracks that I play when I’m on the clubs all the other tracks are 100% auto scripted and I couldn’t be happier.

SS 2.0 is much better and I’ll continue to use it wherever I can.

geposted Fri 28 Jun 19 @ 10:20 pm
gmedia wrote :
vdv)g&s wrote :

i work with windows pc

Thanks Liam

Is this an issue for everyone? Do we need to hold off on using SS for gigs if we have the latest VDJ, SS, and a Windows 10 setup?

Thanks!!
Chris

Same exact problem I had, same email. had to do a complete wipe and reload of windows and then a reinstall and database scan for my 200,000 songs.

geposted Mon 01 Jul 19 @ 2:29 pm
burnyabad wrote :
gmedia wrote :
vdv)g&s wrote :

i work with windows pc

Thanks Liam

Thanks!!
Chris

Same exact problem I had, same email. had to do a complete wipe and reload of windows and then a reinstall and database scan for my 200,000 songs.

This is all old news and VDJ fixed it months ago..... Geez man we get it, you don’t like SoundSwitch but enough with the shit talking.

The issue has been fixed by the and if you search the Tech threads you’ll find I brought this up to them and Adion fixed the issue not long after.

The proof of the fix lies on this forum..... and if I can find it I’ll add a link proving everything I just wrote.

Fixed Last year in Nov.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/226452/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/Why.html

geposted Tue 02 Jul 19 @ 1:15 am
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
I just had them make me a A file for my gig bar where the lasers color speed pattern strobe are all controlled by movement cues not attribute cues.

As for the derby rotation I have that controlled via intensity.

Again I had them specially make the files for me so I could control the lights how I wanted them.

You need to think bigger and remember that since they know what each light does they can have it be controlled anyway they want more specifically anyway you want.

I have roughly 80,000 MP3s and video files within my library I spent about a good month scripting about 10% of my library and those were for my cord tracks that I play when I’m on the clubs all the other tracks are 100% auto scripted and I couldn’t be happier.

SS 2.0 is much better and I’ll continue to use it wherever I can.

Sounds interesting. Now that they have made the attribute cues (AC's) easy to drag and drop as well as automate, does that change anything for you? I'm trying to wrap my mind around how your custom GigBar mapping would work, and whether it would be ideal or not. I feel I have pretty good control right now. Which mode are you for the GigBar 2? "GigBar 2 (Custom Profile) Chn = 23)"??

I don't like the green laser at all, so I just use the red one. I have set up 9 AC's and I select at least two per song, depending on their tempo/feel.
FAST 01 - FAST Derby Rotation clockwise, Red Laser with FAST Clockwise Rotation
FAST 02 - FAST Derby Counter-Clockwise Rotation, Red Laser with FAST Counter-Clockwise Rotation
FAST 03 - Static Derby, Red Laser with FAST Clockwise Rotation (I use it to transition to blackouts, etc.)
MED 01 - MEDIUM Derby Clockwise Rotation, Red Laser with MEDIUM Clockwise Rotation
MED 02 - MEDIUM Derby Counter-Clockwise Rotation, Red Laser with MEDIUM Counter-Clockwise Rotation
MED 03 - Static Derby, Red Laser with MEDIUM Clockwise Rotation (I use it to transition to blackouts, etc.)
SLOW 01 - SLOW Derby Clockwise Rotation, Red Laser with SLOW Clockwise Rotation
SLOW 02 - SLOW Derby Counter-Clockwise Rotation, Red Laser with SLOW Counter-Clockwise Rotation
SLOW 03 - Static Derby, Red Laser with SLOW Clockwise Rotation (I use it to transition to blackouts, etc.)
BLACKOUT - BLACKOUT DERBY, BLACKOUT LASER (Since they do not respond to the default blackout. I Create a "Static Look" for total blackout too.)

Sincerely,
Chris

geposted Fri 05 Jul 19 @ 4:38 pm
Hey Chris,

Yes!! Now that the AC have been made easier to access I definitely will be going back and changing a bunch of stuff.

It will make things much easier.

I do like the method you have goin on there tho with you AC’s, definitely gonna look into changing some stuff when I get some free time....

geposted Fri 05 Jul 19 @ 6:13 pm
Hey Chris,

Yes!! Now that the AC have been made easier to access I definitely will be going back and changing a bunch of stuff.

It will make things much easier.

I do like the method you have goin on there tho with you AC’s, definitely gonna look into changing some stuff when I get some free time....

Good to know! Thanks!

I'm now trying to figure out the best midi-pad solution for quick control when a song is not scripted or for when I need to make an announcement, etc. I want to use the "pads" in VDJ, but haven't figured out how yet. I think SS may have to integrate this.

Chris

geposted Fri 05 Jul 19 @ 6:26 pm
Chris,

I use a MINI APC. Not the best because It doesn’t have midi feedback but it has lots of control and has a small footprint.

Edit,

Just re-read your post and yeah SS doesn’t work with VDJ pads yet. Hopefully in the future.

geposted Fri 05 Jul 19 @ 8:03 pm
Chris,

I use a MINI APC. Not the best because It doesn’t have midi feedback but it has lots of control and has a small footprint.

Edit,

Just re-read your post and yeah SS doesn’t work with VDJ pads yet. Hopefully in the future.

I use the same APC mini and agree. It is nice to have all of the control, but with no feedback, you have to use a sharpie or something to keep track of what's what, etc. I would prefer SS integrate with VDJ pads, so that it is more midi pad/controller agnostic and I could just use my DDJ-1000 or the VDJ soft buttons. Feedback would be from VDJ directly.

I use two laptops with VDJ/SS/DDJ-1000. I have an XLR switch (SES-XLR-ABC - The only one I know of that will reverse the XLR male/female to make it possible). I just flip the switch, and the other laptop takes over DMX control (SS) instantly. It is really just a safeguard in case something goes wrong at a high-profile gig.

Anyway, thank you for sharing what you're doing!

Chris

geposted Fri 05 Jul 19 @ 10:56 pm
No Thank you for sharing you AC’s, most appreciated!!

And yeah I have a label maker that I’ve used to mark the APC.

Maybe if we hit up SS they can work with VDJ and get the pads integrated in a future update .

geposted Sat 06 Jul 19 @ 3:05 pm

Maybe if we hit up SS they can work with VDJ and get the pads integrated in a future update .

I have already, but maybe you and others can as well. I can tell they are about to work on more/better MIDI controller integration, but if they had VDJ pad integration, it would instantly be compatible with a load of midi controllers. They would have to do the same with Serato I'd say.

Chris

geposted Sat 06 Jul 19 @ 4:09 pm

geposted Mon 08 Jul 19 @ 11:57 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
You can easily add "pads" support to any program that accepts MIDI in/out
Here's an example for another program: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/218737/VirtualDJ_Plugins/The_Advanced_Freestyler_integration_thread.html
This method can be used with any program (it needs to be adopted of course) and for a simple task such as mapping 8 buttons you should be up and running in 15 minutes

You mean THEY could make it happen, or we could do this right now? I don't think VDJ shows up as a midi device in SS.

geposted Mon 08 Jul 19 @ 12:29 pm
Well I just emailed SS the a link to Phantoms thread and asked if they can help get this working.

Let’s hope for the best.

geposted Mon 08 Jul 19 @ 3:15 pm
Well I just emailed SS the a link to Phantoms thread and asked if they can help get this working.

Let’s hope for the best.

Nice!!

Chris

geposted Mon 08 Jul 19 @ 3:19 pm
77%