Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Database Audio Missing - remove missing files from database continues

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
Hi VDJ support or anyone who knows about this problem. I tried searching the forums and reading the manual, but couldn't find specific instructions for this topic. I have the same 38 missing files everyday or other day even after I clean the database (remove missing files from database). They appear to be songs I deleted from a real folder in Windows10, but it continues to find them over and over again as missing again. It displays: Audio not analyzed, New 0 days ago, Missing, if I hover over the music icon that's X'd out. I tried to relocate them in Windows and they really don't exist anymore because I deleted them a while ago. I can find the folder it points to, however, if I search for that song name it doesn't show any results. I can't load them, it gives an error. How can I permanently remove these from my database without causing any problems?

geposted Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 12:03 am
I also tried to run VDJ8.2 as Administrator to remove the missing files to see if that helps.

geposted Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 12:15 am
maybe they are referenced in a playlist you keep browsing?

just an idea .. also make sure you are at least running the latest public release if not already.

geposted Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 12:21 am
I've gone through every Playlist (I only have a few) and they don't show up as missing at all. Some of these files weren't fully tagged or the wrong genre it seems. I'm on v8.2 b3936. I see the latest is: VirtualDJ 8.2 b3994 PC - Can I update my VD8 to the new version without harming my scanned files, virtual folders and playlists etc?

geposted Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 12:31 am
I have checkUpdates set to Yes and earlyAccessUpdates set to Yes also. I haven't seen VDJ8 ask to update itself in a long while now.

I was able to login and update my version to the latest release now. v8.2 b4064 Right after the update and re-launch, my missing files returned. I'm happy you helped me resolve one problem so far.

geposted Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 12:41 am
Should I try deleting my Virtual Folder that has all my main music and then Add to Search DB for each Favorite Folder on my list to see if that helps?

geposted Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 12:45 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
When and where exactly do these missing files show up?

geposted Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 9:55 am
My Library / Database / Audio / Missing - not anywhere else.

geposted Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 10:17 am
have you right click on them and select remove from database?

geposted Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 10:23 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Where do they point to?
Maybe you somehow don't have the necessary permissions to modify the database the files are stored in.

geposted Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 1:52 pm
My advice - first make sure that you only have one VDJ database file on your system.

Open the database file using a suitable text editing program (Notepad++ is excellent) and search for any reference to those files. If they're listed, delete those lines and save the database file, then check again in VDJ.

geposted Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 6:20 pm
I tried right clicking on them individually and in a batch several times and selected remove from database and they stay there (nothing appears to change). Removing missing files clears them out of My Library / Audio / Missing - temporarily, but they return the next day even when I hadn't used VDJ8 over night. They don't show up in any playlist, I check and clear any.

They point to a folder on my external drive, I have over a dozen folders just like it, but it only affects one. (D:) Static City - a direct path, the other folders next to it don't have any missing files referencing it. All of the 38 missing files point to this same folder. The folder's the same as the others, I've cleaned my database often without any problems before, on the same computer and same Windows 10.

I keep copies of my VDJ8 folder backup on two drives, an external slime drive and USB SD card. I also still have an old VDJ8 version backup from before my drive letter changed (happened when switched computers). I wasn't able to change the drive letter manually, couldn't restore my folder/database, tried the backup/restore tool, so was forced to scan my entire music collection from scratch on a clean Win10 install. This was a major setback for me since I have over 125,000 files. I'd like to try to manually search/edit using Notepad, that sounds like my own option at this point. I always have Admin rights and install major apps with Administrator authority. It doesn't seem to harm anything to have them there, but I'm one of those people who likes to be clean and organized.

geposted Sat 10 Feb 18 @ 1:55 am
I tried opening the database with Notepad, file not found. Is it the XML file or something else?

geposted Sat 10 Feb 18 @ 2:00 am
I've resolved the problem and it wasn't VDJ or Windows 10. I discovered today, the missing files were actually referencing a virtual folder I manually created and update to once in a while. VDJ8's the best, and now I can rest easy. Thanks to all the DJs who responded with helpful information. I'm back on track now!

geposted Sat 10 Feb 18 @ 9:47 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)