Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: DJ Pool for semi-pro DJ

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello VDJ Pros!

I'm not ashamed to admit I'm an AMATEUR DJ, and have been for decades. I learned on Technics in the 90s, played around casually on college radio and at small events for friends and family. I play out at very small events a couple times a year for 20 years. I've abandoned vinyl and mixtapes (as in cassette tapes) still have books of CDs, and crates and playlists in iTunes, VDJ, Spotify, and Google Play.

So I've been through enough media and streaming services to know the commitment involved in subscribing to a new music service provider. I'm willing to start on ANOTHER source for a balanced price point and benefit.

I spent almost a year on Spotify and now I'm on Google Play. Both are great for creating my own playlists, but I can't access those tracks in VDJ.

I feel like it used to be much simpler to have an expansive music collection for amateur DJing in the CD era. As DJ culture shifted to software and controllers ... here's my question:

With all the cheap and easy DJ apps in Walmart available ... WHERE ARE THESE INSTA-DJs GETTING MUSIC FROM?? There are really fresh new young DJs, high school and college kids. Are they playing cheap 192kbps Youtube rips? MP3s? I doubt they purchase all their tracks in high-quality FLACs or AACs pay for DJ pool subscriptions ...

So: What DJ Pool or streaming service is working for you to browse and download tracks AND FOLDERS/CRATES by genre, decade, and other DJs folders/playlists? I find Deezer's funtionality for selecting and add multiple tracks to my own crates ... um, non-functional - I need to do 4 clicks on one track at a time to create playlists, rather than selecting multiple tracks to add to a playlist ...

Also, is there any product or service to merge/sync playlists and crates across software such as iTunes, Spotify, VDJ, Google Play, etc?

I love my crates and I want to play with them ...

Thanks
"Totally content to be an amateur and respect the Pros" DJ Mink / Brooklyn, NY

geposted Sat 28 Jul 18 @ 1:51 am
The only way to get all the music that you want and play in VirtualDJ is to buy it. If you don't want to go that route, you can stick with iTunes. I actually don't know anything about that service, but always hear guys in here talking about it. We have a service called content unlimited. You are only renting the songs, and only have access to them as long as you continue to pay the monthly subscription. If you miss a couple of months, you can re-subscribe, and gain access to your songs. You will not get everything, put you can try it out for $10.00 a month.

geposted Sat 28 Jul 18 @ 2:47 am
Ok I think I get what your asking, as far as what the experienced djs might use for music I suspect a service like Promo Only, BPM, content unlimited or IDJPool etc. . Most are mp3 files, with unlimited downloads and I believe thier yours to keep for a monthly fee or yours to rent as someone posted. Ethier way newer DJ music, (clean versions, intro beats, etc)
As far as those newer crop of "Hey I got alot of music files, now im a DJ" some may use free download sites that only they know of. They may illeagly share files with thier buds, Others may use the YouTube converters. Hey I don't really know, but I do know they are practicing on thier craft everyday and getting better then me.

geposted Mon 24 Sep 18 @ 6:25 am
Does Apple Music (Monthly Subscription much like Spotify) work in Virtual DJ? At one time I had Apple Music and Spotify and did not continue past the first three months of Apple music that was a free trial run. I just preferred how Spotify was organized and had more of the latin dance music I was looking for

geposted Mon 10 Dec 18 @ 10:21 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Apple Music does not work in VDJ. It is for personal use.

geposted Mon 10 Dec 18 @ 11:10 pm
PhilW wrote :
It is for personal use.

So is Spotify. So are all the other streaming services aimed at consumers.

Unless the service specifically states it's for DJs then using it at gigs is illegal.

geposted Tue 11 Dec 18 @ 6:30 pm
I was once subscribing to Apple music for a free trial and opted out in favor of Spotify. Now I wonder if you can put songs into your iTunes playlists, or separate Apple Music Playlists and bring them into VDJ the way we can the purchased iTunes folders?

geposted Thu 13 Dec 18 @ 8:56 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
It’s not allowed. And the files are encrypted to prevent it.

geposted Thu 13 Dec 18 @ 10:36 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
The only way to get all the music that you want and play in VirtualDJ is to buy it. If you don't want to go that route, you can stick with iTunes. I actually don't know anything about that service, but always hear guys in here talking about it. We have a service called content unlimited. You are only renting the songs, and only have access to them as long as you continue to pay the monthly subscription. If you miss a couple of months, you can re-subscribe, and gain access to your songs. You will not get everything, put you can try it out for $10.00 a month.

Is this a thing of the past. Right here on this website I see I can subscribe to Content Unlimited for $10. IDJ Pool is $50/month. Very confusing what is current. And I continue to see that iTunes raised the price of downloads and made the purchases DRM free for music, not for video or apps. IDJ Pool requires a full year's commitment or $500. Would love to start practicing at home using online music but not at that price. $10 would be the same as my spotify account that I don't use other than to review music that I may want to make a purchase.

geposted Wed 19 Dec 18 @ 6:18 am
Well I got the "pro" online IDJ Pool subscription loaded up and it …………
My god first impression it SUCKS. Okay it has all the Michael Buble, but I have the CD's already. Not one Marc Anthony song. You know JLo's ex. I get LMAO songs and DJ Marc Anthony instead. Either the serach engine sucks or there is only a few Bachata songs. Salsa, pretty much non existent. If I rely on this for requests, I am in deep trouble, because I see nothing worth while. Try The Chainsmokers. They have the same 4 songs I already own, but that is it. Most of my favorite artists in Latin are not there.
Is there a way to view their Catalog in alphabetical order for artists or songs, or perhaps genre?

geposted Wed 19 Dec 18 @ 7:46 am
I'm in the same boat. Have been DJing for almost 30 years. Started with vinyl, then switch to CDs . Now my son is DJing and getting pretty good at it. I want to set him up on some of these newer services that allow him to download music on the spot at a gig or not having to worry about carrying a bunch of CDs or downloading music at home and then burning it onto a CD to play at a gig. I looked at the option of downloading music and putting it on a flash drive to use but he likes the option of just playing it off of the computer. So what is best option?

geposted Mon 28 Jan 19 @ 4:11 pm
The best option is to buy the music. None of the consumer streaming services (Spotify, Deezer etc) are legal to use when gigging.

Another option is to join a DJ pool, which will allow downloading of MP3s to keep, for a set fee every month. However, you may find the selection of music limited, depending on the type of gigs you're doing (or type of music you want) - pools tend to be more for club DJs.

geposted Mon 28 Jan 19 @ 6:02 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)