Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 2018 using XDJ-RX slight issue

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi all,

Having a small but very annoying issue with VDJ when using my XDJ-RX.

When I press the enter key on my laptop keyboard to load a track on either deck 1 or 2 (I do not use decks 3 or 4) the default action of the enter key is to load on the next available deck. So if deck 1 is playing it should load the track on decks 2 and if deck 2 is playing the track should load on deck 1.

What I have noticed since I upgraded to VDJ2108 is that after loading a track on deck 2 and I try to load the next track, it loads it on deck 3 or 4 after that.
The only way I have got to work around it is I have to go into the options change my layout to a 4 deck option and then click on the "left" and "right" options on the decks themselves to highlight only on decks 1 and 2 respectively. (hope that makes sense) Once I do this and change back to my 2 deck layout it will work as before and how I intend on using it, i.e. when I press enter it loads on the track on the inactive deck.

If anyone can let me know what I need to change in the mapper to stop this behaviour as default that would be great. Infact if there is a way I could change the default start up on the RX unit itself to be in RX mode instead of MIDI too that would be even better.

All help appreciated.

Thanks
Mel

geposted Tue 31 Jul 18 @ 12:05 pm
Anyone with the XDJ-RX able to comment is they have the same issue here?

geposted Wed 08 Aug 18 @ 9:47 am
Any VDJ experts able to advise on this?

I used VDJ with CDJ the last couple of times and its not an issue, so its def an issue with using the RX.

Open to suggestions to try to get rid of this bug.

Thanks

geposted Tue 28 Aug 18 @ 9:15 am
On your controller's mapper locate the ONINIT key
Copy it's contents and type this command:
deck 1 leftdeck & deck 2 rightdeck &
Now paste back the original contents to finish the line.
For the default mapper the complete line should look like this:
deck1 leftdeck & deck 2 rightdeck & mixer_order 3124 & fake_master on & fake_hp on

Save the changes (click on the disk icon on top right corner of the window), close config, restart VirtualDJ and try again to see if this solves your issue

geposted Tue 28 Aug 18 @ 9:32 am
Thanks Phantom, will give that a go tonight and let you know how I get on.

geposted Tue 28 Aug 18 @ 11:34 am
Update after trying your suggestion Phantom.

I have now got it to work as intended, but I had to type the code out for some reason? simply copying the code didn't want to work.

Now if I can figure how to stop the RX going into MIDI Internal mode when VDJ connects that would be amazing.

Thanks for your help on this Phantom!

geposted Wed 29 Aug 18 @ 8:36 am
Problem has come back :(

Will check tonight as to whether the one of the updates has changed it back?

But interested to know if any other RX owners have the same issue?

geposted Tue 09 Oct 18 @ 3:05 pm
Most people with controllers use the load buttons on the controller. :-)

If you saved the changes you made to the mapper you may on need to select the changed custom mapper in the drop down

geposted Tue 09 Oct 18 @ 4:44 pm
Yep do use the load button on the controller but sometimes when conducting a quick mix i also use the enter button to load a track.

Custom mapper always in use, i do not use the default one. I can live with it for now but i'll try and figure it out at some point.

geposted Mon 15 Oct 18 @ 8:49 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)