Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin Creator - Beta - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

zanardPRO InfinityMember since 2003
when I choose an image for the background, when I export the skin, the image is not seen ..
Is it a mistake or am I wrong?

Thanks djdad

geposted Mon 27 Aug 18 @ 5:35 pm
djdad wrote :
The texts should be entered in the TEXT->Simple Text field (e.g. 1,2,3 etc - without quotes). If the TEXT->VDJ Action field is used then it will prefer the action and probably display ?? if incorrect.
If you still have troubles, save your project and email me the file

Ok cool, I probably entered it in the wrong spot then, Thanks for the info and time...

geposted Mon 27 Aug 18 @ 7:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
zanard wrote :
when I choose an image for the background, when I export the skin, the image is not seen ..
Is it a mistake or am I wrong?

Acknowledged. Will be fixed in next release

geposted Mon 27 Aug 18 @ 8:02 pm
One last thing: I noticed a high use of cpu but only if I use a background image.
It's normal?
Thanks.

geposted Tue 28 Aug 18 @ 4:57 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
djtouchdan wrote :
Video showing what exactly??

Showing dummies like myself how to use it...
Like actually building a skin while explaining the process.
Cause lost soon as I open it.

Tutorial Please

geposted Wed 29 Aug 18 @ 2:09 am
um.. clicking Help isn't doing anything. is this a known issue?

geposted Wed 29 Aug 18 @ 12:00 pm
For those who experience random crashes , mostly when adding/selecting multiple elements, try to set the Skin Creator exe to Windows 8 Compatibility mode.
Right-click on the Desktop icon-->properties

Not sure why, but with the above setting/mode enabled, i no longer get crashes. Will investigate further.

FYI, i am on severe code changes, implementing skins importing, so the next release may be delayed, but good things will come. Stay tuned.
Thanks for your feedback.

geposted Thu 30 Aug 18 @ 12:50 am
Awesome! Will definitely let you know how it goes.

geposted Thu 30 Aug 18 @ 3:36 pm
Awesome! I just downloaded to tinker with getting a remote request station screen for Karaoke made. I will post any feed back I have on the Beta.

geposted Mon 03 Sep 18 @ 7:37 pm
Hi, I've seen that the Karaoke Venue is now exposed as a VDJScript item.

-karaoke_venue_name vdjscript added
I've on VDJ Build 4537 and I'm still struggling on how to show this on my Karaoke skin.
https://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/changelog.html?view=advanced

I've taken to editing the XML by hand whilst I experiment, but I really can't get anything to show.
I think this should work, but it's not:

action="get_text ' karaoke_venue_name '"

geposted Wed 05 Sep 18 @ 6:01 pm
apexdjsPRO InfinityMember since 2009
For some reason I can’t get it to load. Or I can’t find Skin Creator after I load it. Where is it suppose to be?

geposted Thu 13 Sep 18 @ 10:34 am
Updates?

geposted Thu 13 Sep 18 @ 12:16 pm
apexdjs wrote :
For some reason I can’t get it to load. Or I can’t find Skin Creator after I load it. Where is it suppose to be?

Did you install it ? If so, it should create a Skin Creator icon on your Desktop. If not there, check at /ProgramFiles(x86)/Skin Creator folder

zanard wrote :
Updates?
Not yet. Will need a couple of months. Severe code changes to be able to import a VDJ skin

geposted Thu 13 Sep 18 @ 3:26 pm
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
If I read this correct at the moment the skin creator is unable to import existing skins . I have a skin that all the graphics has been done . Can I import a graphics file and start coding ? And if so what is the best format to save graphics what is the new skin engine better with as in the olden days I used BMP

geposted Fri 21 Sep 18 @ 2:46 pm
With VDJ 8 the preferred format (ahem) is PNG.

geposted Fri 21 Sep 18 @ 4:26 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Indeed png, since it is a bit smaller than bmp, and properly supports transparency, which is much easier instead of using masks like vdj 7.

geposted Fri 21 Sep 18 @ 5:02 pm
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Adion wrote :
Indeed png, since it is a bit smaller than bmp, and properly supports transparency, which is much easier instead of using masks like vdj 7.
thank you for your help. Does the png file stay as one file or is it broken into smaller files ? Is the file built the same way as it was back with six and seven . Probably wrong place to ask this question As trying to get my head round the new skin engine A lot has changed in 10 years .

geposted Sat 22 Sep 18 @ 4:43 am
You should spend some time reading the skin pages in the wiki...

Also download some VDJ 8 skins and have a look at the PNG and XML to see how it's done.

The old way was to draw two whole skin graphics, one for off and one for on, with all the elements in position. With VDJ 8 the individual elements are placed on top of the background separately, which allows for them to be repositioned far more easily for different layouts.

The skin V8 but by FRUiT is one of the more "code heavy" skins that allows the user to turn on/off the display of almost every element on screen.

geposted Sat 22 Sep 18 @ 7:36 am
how do you wrap the EQ around images like in video skin wrapped around jog wheels

also is there a way to make an Image beat to the music like the BOOM effect to videos but I want a skin or whatever you call it as a visual to beat on top of everything on the video output

geposted Sun 04 Nov 18 @ 2:33 pm
Hello, excellent tool, very intuitive and powerful, how do I place classic rhithm or style waveform ... Thank you and sorry for my English

geposted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 11:17 am
61%