Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: ASK THE DJ NAME - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Is it possible to adjust the ask.the.dj portal so that people have to enter both their name and a track before they can submit the request.
It can be an option set up under the venue profile if you don't want to change the default way ask.the.dj works.
Or alternatively show their IP address if no name is entered would be even better.

I love the feature but do get people who don't provide a name and I don't know if it's the same person firing off multiple requests or different people all not entering a name as I prefer not to play multiple request from the same person all in one go.

Thanks

geposted Fri 05 Oct 18 @ 9:23 pm
Hi
Does anyone ever respond to feature requests or do we just cross our fingers and hope

geposted Sun 21 Oct 18 @ 12:54 am
Hi again
Just wondered if anyone had ever looked at this post, seeing as it's a simple web edit it should be very easy to do.

geposted Sat 12 Jan 19 @ 11:34 pm
I don't think an IP address would be much use, as it wouldn't neccessarily be fixed for a single person, or varied for multiple people (depending on who, how, where etc).

Having to enter a name would also not guarantee results, as one person could call themselves John, Paul, George, Ringo, Sporty, Baby, Posh etc. or there could easily be more than one person with the same name.

geposted Sun 13 Jan 19 @ 9:02 am
I understand it would be quite easy to spoof, but I am getting constant messages without any names and have no idea whether they are from different people or the same person sending multiple requests, i don't want to play just one persons requests all night.
If it forced a name, most people wouldn't bother changing the name for each request, even if it was a made up name, this would help me identify serial requesters, the same for IP address, we don't have WIFI at my venue so the chances are the IP addresses would be different, allowing me to identify unique request.
It's not about identifying the people, just knowing which requests are coming from the same people.

geposted Mon 14 Jan 19 @ 9:46 pm
MAC address of the device it was sent from perhaps? (if this information is available?)

At least using the Twitter interface you can see who has sent the request. I had a bit of trouble last year with people being assholes but at least I knew who they were and could ignore them.

geposted Mon 14 Jan 19 @ 10:02 pm
I think the best solution is to turn all that stuff off, so people have to actually speak to you in person.

:-)

geposted Tue 15 Jan 19 @ 5:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I think you shouldnt be so much worried about where the requests come from. Even if such an option existed, you wouldnt want to spend much time to check names and compare IPs, as you would want to focus on your real job. Focus to your mixing plan, take a glance at your requests, play as many as you can/want and don't worry about pleasing them all.
The only case i would be interested in such an option, would be if the requests were coming along with the user's photo, and please just the beautiful ladies :D

geposted Tue 15 Jan 19 @ 10:36 pm
If you all think we shouldn't be concerned with such stuff, why have the facility in Virtual DJ? I like to make the most of my software!
However, it is a form that people have to enter via a website, HTML has a very simple option that makes people have to enter something into a field before submitting it (REQUIRED), it would take less than 5 seconds to amend the form so something had to be entered into the name field, all I am asking is that it be considered.

geposted Sun 20 Jan 19 @ 1:06 am
Oh well another feature I won't be using anymore or supporting, just a shame you went to the trouble of adding a feature but ignore all feedback.
Never mind.

geposted Fri 01 Feb 19 @ 10:36 pm
We just added that anonymous users will be shown with a unique identifier, so you can easily see if multiple requests come from the same user.

geposted Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 11:18 am
Dev staff wrote :
We just added that anonymous users will be shown with a unique identifier, so you can easily see if multiple requests come from the same user.

Thanks.

What release was this in? Or will it be in the next early access release?

geposted Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 12:43 pm
Thanks that will be perfect, I much appreciate your assistance

geposted Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 12:46 pm
RCBAudio wrote :
Dev staff wrote :

Thanks.

What release was this in? Or will it be in the next early access release?

This is in regard to the website for "ask the DJ" so I would assume the website itself has been updated and will now send that information to VDJ without any update needed to the actual program, that said, if it does require an update to VDJ at least I know it has been addressed.

geposted Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 12:49 pm
djkrysr wrote :

This is in regard to the website for "ask the DJ" so I would assume the website itself has been updated and will now send that information to VDJ without any update needed to the actual program, that said, if it does require an update to VDJ at least I know it has been addressed.

I will check it out tonight; but I imagine something would have to change in the VDJ software to you can now view the unique identifier in the browser.

geposted Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 12:58 pm
RCBAudio wrote :
djkrysr wrote :

I will check it out tonight; but I imagine something would have to change in the VDJ software to you can now view the unique identifier in the browser.

I am assuming the unique identifier would appear in the 'name' field for anyone who does not include their name, but please let me know how you get on tonight as I would be most interested to know what to expect over the weekend.
Thanks

geposted Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 1:08 pm
it doesn't need any update, it should already be working

geposted Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 8:14 pm
Yes it is working now.
If they leave the name blank it looks like this

Thanks! An option to make it mandatory would be nice; but this is pretty cool too.

geposted Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 10:12 pm
RCBAudio wrote :
Yes it is working now.
If they leave the name blank it looks like this

Thanks! An option to make it mandatory would be nice; but this is pretty cool too.

geposted Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 10:13 pm
That's excellent.
Thanks guys, much appreciate your input to solve this, can't wait for tonight.
Krys

geposted Fri 22 Feb 19 @ 4:34 pm
87%