Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 sync bpm match problem

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,

I've used VDJ 8 for quite a while but one thing i can't figure out is the solution to following problem: When using the 'Sync' button to match two tracks, with one track at let's say 90bpm and the other one at 130bpm VDJ will always speed up the second track to 180 bpm. There is a magic threshold, if the bpm difference exceeds this threshold it will set bpm of the already faster track to double the bpm of the slower.
I've tried work-arounds, like editing bpm's, which didn't seem to make any difference, matched bpms manually by using hotkeys +/- 0.01 bpm but as soon as i press sync to get the beat offsets right it jumps to double bpms again.

It's funny that after googling for hours i couldn't find any one complaining about this. Am i stupid?

geposted Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 4:32 am
Sync button will never make a 90 BPM track 180 BPM to match a 130 BPM track.
It can make it 65 (which is half of 130)

As a general rule of thumb, for very big BPM differences (like 90 to 130) 'sync' will first try to match the value directly if the current pitch range allows it to do so and the resulting pitch setting is less than +/-50%
If the current pitch range is not sufficient enough or the required pitch setting exceeds the +/-50% threshold then it will try to match the half/double value.

So, for 90 to become 130, pitch must be set to +44,4%
If the current pitch range is +/-50% pressing sync will make the 90BPM track 130BPM.
If the pitch range is less than +/-50% it will try to match the 'half' value which is 65 BPM and it requires pitch to be set at -27,8%
If the available pitch range allows it to set the tracks pitch at -27,8 then it will set the track at 65 BPM
If it doesn't (e.g. pitch range is set at +/-12%) then it will not alter BPM at all.

Another example would be to match a 75 BPM track with a 130 BPM track.
For 75BPM to become 130BPM the required adjustment is +73,3%
Even if current pitch range is set at +/-100%, sync will not match the value directly. It will instead make the track 65 BPM which requires pitch to be set at -13,3%

geposted Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 7:58 am
Thank you for your detailed answer!

geposted Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 4:10 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)