Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ license

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

One of the DJs that works with me bought a pioneer controller it said it came with a license he is sense switched controllers to several other controllers and now he keeps getting a pop-up that says he only has 30 days left on his license this happens right in the middle of the gig can you help with this situation

geposted Mon 20 May 19 @ 6:42 pm
One of the DJs that works with me bought a pioneer controller it said it came with a license he is sense switched controllers to several other controllers and now he keeps getting a pop-up that says he only has 30 days left on his license this happens right in the middle of the gig can you help with this situation

geposted Mon 20 May 19 @ 6:44 pm
The message actually says please connect your DDJSZ then restart virtual DJ in order to Re-activate your pro OEM license

geposted Mon 20 May 19 @ 6:50 pm
He still has that controller and uses it sometimes but on smaller gigs he would rather use the other pioneer controller which is the DDJSB3

geposted Mon 20 May 19 @ 6:53 pm
DJ Hi-Tech / Hi Tech Events wrote :
The message actually says please connect your DDJSZ

Then that's what he needs to do. It's a Pro license (meaning he can use other controllers) but it's tied to the controller it was supplied with.

If he wants to use VDJ permanently with other controllers, then he will need to buy a full Pro Infinity license.

geposted Mon 20 May 19 @ 6:53 pm
When you look at his license it says a pro license

geposted Mon 20 May 19 @ 7:01 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It's a pro OEM licence meaning it has to connect the SZ every so often to prove he still owns the equipment.

geposted Mon 20 May 19 @ 7:06 pm
Yes, like I said above - it is a Pro license, but because it wasn't purchased, it's tied to the SZ.

It's more like a Pro version of an LE license (ones that are included with controllers). LE versions only work with one controller. The SZ license is more versatile but still restricted. Look here http://www.virtualdj.com/sz/

geposted Mon 20 May 19 @ 7:06 pm
Okay so here's the problem he bought the DDJSZ had some problems with it Took it back and got the DDJSZ2 it had a license with it as well so are you saying that he needs to buy a license for each controller or on top of each controller he buys he will need to activate a new license.

geposted Mon 20 May 19 @ 7:12 pm
Okay I will pass on the information I read the fine print I understand. so in order for this not to happen he would need to go in and buy a new license directly from you. Will he be able to save all of his settings and information under a new license if he goes that route

geposted Mon 20 May 19 @ 7:15 pm
groovindj wrote :
Yes, like I said above - it is a Pro license, but because it wasn't purchased, it's tied to the SZ.

It's more like a Pro version of an LE license (ones that are included with controllers). LE versions only work with one controller. The SZ license is more versatile but still restricted. Look here http://www.virtualdj.com/sz/

Okay I will pass on the information I read the fine print I understand. so in order for this not to happen he would need to go in and buy a new license directly from you. Will he be able to save all of his settings and information under a new license if he goes that route

geposted Mon 20 May 19 @ 7:16 pm
he bought the DDJSZ had some problems with it Took it back

Well then really the license should have gone back with it. He no longer has the right to use it, because he doesn't have the SZ.

A full Pro Infinity license will not expire, will not be tied to one controller, and is a one-off purchase (updates/upgrades cost nothing).

geposted Mon 20 May 19 @ 7:22 pm
but the new one came with a license as well

geposted Mon 20 May 19 @ 7:24 pm
Thank you all for your help I will pass information on

geposted Mon 20 May 19 @ 7:31 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
OEM licences are tied to equipment, not the user therefore it needs to connect to the hardware from time to time, once a week is probably fine.
So long as your guy has the SZ and doesn't mind connecting it occasionally you're fine with the licence you have.

geposted Mon 20 May 19 @ 7:31 pm
He put the new license in for the SZ2 but it keeps taking him back to the SZ is there something that he needs to do with in virtual DJ to recognize the license for the SZ2

geposted Mon 20 May 19 @ 7:37 pm
but the new one came with a license as well

The SZ2 didn't include a VirtualDJ license. If it's just another SZ then he can simply carry on using his existing OEM license.

geposted Mon 20 May 19 @ 7:40 pm
i Will have to get back with him and find out what's going on I'll let you know on this post as soon as I find out the details

geposted Mon 20 May 19 @ 7:46 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)