Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon Prime 4 Virtual Dj Support - Page: 21

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Is the prime 4 display already working?

geposted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 10:34 am

Denon look added to my skin

geposted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 7:35 pm
Denon DJ have just released Engine OS version 1.5.1

geposted Mon 03 Aug 20 @ 2:21 pm
groovindj wrote :
Denon DJ have just released Engine OS version 1.5.1

That's fine, but the screen still doesn't work on VDJ. You released an update on July 14th. Can anyone tell me what has changed in it? Because the screen is still non-functional. Thank you for your response

geposted Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 2:30 pm
The screen works just fine - if you have the right files. The pictures in this thread show the screen working.

The working mapping was later modified to disable the screen by request of Denon. Those who didn't download the "update" still have working screens.

The skin update was just a small change to add Denon style colours to the waveforms.

geposted Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 2:43 pm
groovindj wrote :
The screen works just fine - if you have the right files. The pictures in this thread show the screen working.

The working mapping was later modified to disable the screen by request of Denon. Those who didn't download the "update" still have working screens.

The skin update was just a small change to add Denon style colours to the waveforms.

Thank you for your response. I used the update. :( Would you advise me where to get to those files? (sorry my bad english)

geposted Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 3:13 pm
djcraigPRO InfinityMember since 2006
groovindj wrote :

So, it turns out Denon have been quite arsey about the use of the screen. Some days they make my blood boil.

geposted Wed 12 Aug 20 @ 8:28 pm
What version do i need to see the right files?

geposted Wed 12 Aug 20 @ 8:57 pm
Do you have a Prime 4?

geposted Wed 12 Aug 20 @ 9:01 pm
Im at 50% of thinking to buy one. If the display is not working, then no.
The other 50% are going to SC6000m + X1850, but i need to wait if the player and display will really be supported with VDJ or not.
If both fails, i will buy Rane Twelve MK2 and Rane Seventy Two MK2.

At the moment i stuck with my decisions, because:
I want use VDJ as my main workstation, but i need a stand alone solution as backup.
I cannot use Denon as backup at the moment because the database cannot be transferred (Playlists, Grids, Cue Points).
Rane Seventy Two MK2 is still not released, so i still need to wait. And I cannot buy Rane Twelve MK1, because it has unsolved audio glitch problems with VDJ here in the german forum.

geposted Wed 12 Aug 20 @ 9:33 pm
Conversion of the VDJ database, if you really need it, can only be done via third party software, and will cost you.

Looking at Rekordcloud for example, there's no direct VDJ -> Engine Prime conversion . You would have to convert to Serato or Rekordbox and then import to EP.

The Denon screens do work, just not officially - yet.

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 6:56 am
Quote :
The Denon screens do work, just not officially

That is my problem. First: Ive not got the informatrion how to enable it "inofficially". Right here and now ive tried it to get this information - with no luck. Imagine, ive buyed this controller and im still not getting the information, no go for me.
Then: If it works "inofficially", it can be disabled with further updates, if Denon dont want it. And it seems that Denon really dont want this. Still no go for me.

Quote :
- yet.

And maybe never. I cannot decide to buy any expensive hardware before the support is officially.

Quote :
third party software,and will cost you.

Yes, because i decide to go to the next party without my laptop (maybe once or twice each year), i have to pay 100€ yearly for this tool. Its better for me to find an open solution where i have the control to change something.
Ive already programmed a tool where the VDJ database.xml will be converted to rekordbox.xml and this can be imported easily to EP. But its not complete yet, Grids and Cue Points are missing, and the conversion of VDJ filter lists to EP crates. Ive just programmed this as a test if it works, but before i will spend more time into it, i will observe what happens on the market. Maybe a ready conversion toll will come, if Denon will really support VDJ.

I still have some time to decide - until the Denon SC6000m is fully available and some DJs have shared their experience with it and together with VDJ.

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 8:15 am
Just got myself a prime 4 but if the screens wont be working with vdj ill be sending back for a pioneer,

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 9:15 pm
You didn't buy the Prime 4 just to use as a controller for VDJ did you?

geposted Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 6:59 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Chunk3310 wrote :
Just got myself a prime 4 but if the screens wont be working with vdj ill be sending back for a pioneer,

Keep your Prime 4 for a few more days ;)

geposted Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 12:16 pm
A few days? That sounds promising!

geposted Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 12:27 pm
no i dident groovindj, just nice to have the redundancy if anything goes wrong with lappy, and also handy if doing just music not karaoke or vid, and djdad sounds good 😁 you guys n gals keep up the good work 😎

geposted Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 1:19 pm
How do you like the Prime 4 then, Chunk? I really love mine!

geposted Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 1:25 pm
Still getting to grips with the beast, big step up from a mc6000 mk2 lol, put a hdd drive ready but pc died on me last week so apart from usb drive with a few tracks im stuck for now, but so far so good nice bit of kit, loving the dual fx on decks as well thats a nice touch as well as the mixer effects

geposted Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 6:48 pm
to be honest it was having a play with a good friends mcx8000 that got my twitching, alot more control over things, only thing i will miss about the mc6000 is how portable it is and its been a good unit

geposted Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 6:55 pm
78%