Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Ask The DJ

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Some thoughts on using Ask The DJ for the last few years and seeing how other online request systems work too.

Not sure if it would be possible but it would be great if...

1. Singers able to favourite songs
2. Singers able to refer to favourite list
3. Singers able to see what they have sent at a particular event

My only questions regarding 1 & 2 though are whether or not those favourites are kept when the text file is updated?

Here's hoping!

geposted Thu 18 Jul 19 @ 10:39 am
Would be fine yes, but it sounds like an external appli to make requests to AskTheDJ
I think VDJ have enough to do not to handle big singer/song database Venue related and deal with network requests for everyone.
It would be better singers to handle their favorites and events by themselves

VDJ already have a karaoke history for what songs a particular singer sung with date and time but not Venue related and no Venue name history

geposted Thu 18 Jul 19 @ 12:45 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you enter a venue name before starting your karaoke VDJ will save history by venue.

geposted Thu 18 Jul 19 @ 1:28 pm
I am possibly one of the few hosts who doesn't get singers who sing the same songs all the time. My singers scroll through a list of over 20,000 songs that I upload and update regularly - it would simply be a great addition for them to be able to favourite songs as they are scrolling and then go back and choose. They can also access the list at any time they like so they could be scrolling while on a lunch break at work and then forget by the time they get to the gig.

These are just my thoughts and this section is to share those thoughts. I am aware of how VDJ saves the history and how I can access who has sung what - that has nothing to do with what I am thinking would be a good addition. I know that there is other Songbook software/app that can do this which is why I posted here in the hope that in the future, it may be able to be incorporated into Ask The DJ.

@Adion - am I right in thinking that the history under Venue Name only saves if Karaoke Mode is on?

geposted Thu 18 Jul 19 @ 3:57 pm
As long as a song is correctly marked as karaoke, and a singer name is set, the karaoke history should work even when playing the song manually.

geposted Thu 18 Jul 19 @ 5:12 pm
It does, yes - still Z to A though :)

I was referring to your mention of saving the history under Venue Name though - I presume that only saves like that with Karaoke Mode on as I haven't seen it come up when using manually.

geposted Fri 19 Jul 19 @ 8:02 pm
Yes, just checked and it's working here.
If you set Venue Name from the karaoke menu, then play a karaoke song with the singer set, you will get the history stored in
Lists & Advice -> History -> Karaoke -> Venue Name -> Singer Name

geposted Sat 20 Jul 19 @ 4:49 am
How does it act with same venue name with different date ?

Interesting as a shortcut in the sideview. This way a right click on sideview options shows the list of singers
Once singer is selected the songs can be drag/drop to the karaoke icon to be added to the karaoke list keeping Singer & key change

Badly, even filter folders can add to the sideview shortcuts list, their subfolders from "Group by" won't appear
And even the subfolders from "group by" can display ok in sideview clicking add shortcut does nothing

KJ Erkin wrote :
It does, yes - still Z to A though :)

Once selected as a favorite folder it's A to Z though ;)

geposted Sat 20 Jul 19 @ 10:25 am
Different dates get added to the same list.
The history by date is still stored in the usual location directly in History.

geposted Sat 20 Jul 19 @ 11:32 am
Fine, would be possible to use a filter folder and group by date then by singer

geposted Sat 20 Jul 19 @ 12:00 pm
The database only contains song information, and currently filter folders only use the database for searching, so they can't access playlist/history-specific information like singer.

geposted Sat 20 Jul 19 @ 12:06 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)