Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mackie Thump 15 BST

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi Folks.
I'm in the process of purchasing new speakers. Has anyone purchased the new BST models with Bluetooth capability? If so How do you like them. How is the sound quality?
Thanks ladies and Gents
John

geposted Wed 14 Aug 19 @ 5:12 pm
As long as you don't use the bluetooth function for DJing I think they are fine as entry level speakers.
Sound quality? Not so good. But they are pretty loud
I had some Mackie Thump 15s a while back. They only lasted for about a year before they started breaking down, though

geposted Wed 14 Aug 19 @ 5:19 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I wouldn't go with mackie active unless you live next door to the store you buy it from , a while back the split mode power supplies where garbage and to be honest the components weren't much better. I'm not saying they're total junk, I've seen some survive and they might have improved [it's been years since I had one on my healing bench]
But I've seen enough go bad and heard enough stories to say no thanks.

geposted Wed 14 Aug 19 @ 5:39 pm
Thanks for your response folks. Is there another brand of speakers you would recommend that have blue tooth capabilities. Want Bluetooth for wedding ceremonies.
Thanks again
John

geposted Wed 14 Aug 19 @ 6:17 pm

geposted Wed 14 Aug 19 @ 6:21 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I’d recommend against Bluetooth. Unless the speakers are in another room, the delay between the outputs will make it unworkable and it will be almost impossible to DJ properly. (Your headphones will lead the speaker output by a very noticeable fraction of a second or more.)

If you’re just using Bluetooth speakers for Automix or playing songs back to back you might be okay with the delay. Even so it would drive me nuts.

If you have to go wireless due to restrictions at a venue, there are other solutions than Bluetooth but I don’t have any knowledge of them. Others here do and perhaps they will chime in.

geposted Wed 14 Aug 19 @ 6:23 pm
way better way of going. Buy what ever you want then use alto wireless receiver pack . i had them set up outside this week and a speaker 1800 ft away with out cutting out.

geposted Thu 15 Aug 19 @ 2:29 am

geposted Thu 15 Aug 19 @ 11:49 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)