Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Show 16 count on beat editor

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

doug9474ControlleristMember since 2019
Would be nice if on POI, Automix Editor, I could see where the 16 count is. Right now, I can just see every 4 beats. maybe every 16 could be identified by a different color or some marking on the bars that indicate beats.

geposted Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 2:48 am
Four beats (i.e. a bar of 4/4) is the standard way of dividing music up into sections. Sixteen beats (four bars) is not.

A track might have changes every four bars, but it also might not. It could be less, it could be more, it could be a combination..

There can also be missing bars, extra bars, bars in a different time signature...

geposted Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 5:17 pm
Works for me 90% of the time.. But I see what you are saying.

geposted Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 6:58 pm
Also, if 16 beats was totally useless, they wouldn't display it in the UI... Someone at Atomix or someone that designs the skin has already established that it's meaningful and useful... I'm not sure if there's a need to debate that anymore.

Plus it's useful to me personally on many occasions. I just want to see the same thing that i already see in the skin where it's counting to 16. Maybe just a slight variation in the display that someone can ignore if they don't want to see it.

geposted Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 7:03 pm
I didn't even realise it was displayed in the UI :-)

I learned to mix decades ago on turntables, so I don't rely on looking at waveforms or counting. It's instinctive.

geposted Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 7:21 pm
Yea, I'll take all the help I can get... If it's available, why not...

Eventually I'll do it just by ear, but for now, the automated stuff works for me.

geposted Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 7:31 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)