Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Improve beat/firstbeat analysis & BPM Precision

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello,

I open this topic to improve the detection of the beat of a music.

On some music the BPM is distorted either it is not accurate (eg 124.96) or the BPM is divided or doubled but this is simple to correct by listening to the title you can quickly realize in 2 clicks it's set the BPM is as it should be ^^ ^

The biggest improvement would be the detection of the first beat, but especially the grid alignment.
With the new stems system and a good algorithm I think the analysis can be improved.

For example, insert the POI FirstBeat either at the first kick of the song or at the kick before vocal in it. (The choice would be a plus for me, for my DMX programming).

As far as alignment is concerned, thanks again to the stems, it might help if we keep only the kicks of the VDJ track, it might be able to better detect the beat to align it to the grid.

And the last thing would be to have a window allowing the desired analysis settings and also to be able to insert a BPM range as on many other DJ software that could improve the accuracy (or make it adjustable from the parameters).

geposted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 10:00 am
What's "not accurate" about 124.96? Not only do you have a whole BPM figure, but you also have two digits after the decimal point.

You can even set VDJ to display three fractional digits, but I really don't see why that's necessary. A whole BPM number should be good enough.

geposted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 10:16 am
groovindj wrote :
What's "not accurate" about 124.96? Not only do you have a whole BPM figure, but you also have two digits after the decimal point.

You can even set VDJ to display three fractional digits, but I really don't see why that's necessary. A whole BPM number should be good enough.

I'm not talking about having 2 or more digits behind the decimal point ^^
I'm talking about BPM detection, beat alignment.

What I want to come is that some music will have a lower BPM I said 124.96, but some music will have a BPM detected even more different than what should be for example an Original BPM of 130 BPM detected by VDJ at 129.86 the beat of the song ended up being shifted more and more as the music progresses (it's light but it feels).

Here's a screenshot: https://prnt.sc/t4w8rm
The original BPM is 130 BPM, but VDJ detects it the BPM is 129.86.
Result my grid is completely out of sync with the kick.

For the users who use the sync function it's little disturbing, for me it's for my DMX sync it delays the reaction of my lights to the music.

I'm talking about recent music where the BPM is digital and precise during the production, if the detection is not precise and does not align well with music from the 80's and 2000's it's normal.

geposted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 10:31 am
The beat grid is adjustable. If you can see that it's wrong, you can correct it.

geposted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 10:48 am
groovindj wrote :
The beat grid is adjustable. If you can see that it's wrong, you can correct it.

Yeah, sure,
But an improvement is possible and could bring a quite considerable time saving just on the alignment of the beat on the grid (even with a valid BPM)

geposted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 11:04 am
You know there's an option to tap the BPM?

geposted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 11:06 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It would also help if you could add the song's name with your report so we can check if it's something specific to this song.

geposted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 11:55 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)