Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Error installing VirtualDJ 2021
gkovacsControlleristMember since 2014
I've been trying to install VirtualDJ 2021 after a popup in the currently installed version asked me to do so, but this error keeps popping up:

The folder is created by the installer, and is empty.

geposted Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 1:36 pm

Try right-click the installer and choose "run as administrator".
And if no such option is there, login to the Windows account allowed to install programs.

You can also try a quick restart of the computer, just in case the virtualdj.exe process is already in use.

geposted Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 2:40 pm
gkovacsControlleristMember since 2014
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :

Try right-click the installer and choose "run as administrator".
And if no such option is there, login to the Windows account allowed to install programs.
There is no such option, but I'm using an administrator account on Windows 10.

Quote :

You can also try a quick restart of the computer, just in case the virtualdj.exe process is already in use.
Yes, I've tried that, nothing helps. I even gave "Full Control" security permissions on the folder to "Everyone", still not installing.

BTW VirtualDJ 2021 installed flawlessly on my Windows 10 Home laptop, but I keep running into this error on my Windows 10 Pro desktop. Anyone else experience the same issue?

geposted Tue 25 Aug 20 @ 6:40 pm
gkovacs wrote :

There is no such option, but I'm using an administrator account on Windows 10.

Then you are likely not logged in as admin account.
And by that might be logged into an account without privileges to install programs

(at leasts if you right-clicked the install file, and did not see "run as admin")

geposted Tue 25 Aug 20 @ 6:56 pm
I have the same problem on Asus zenbook. No run as administrator option, and im on admin accout. I mean how can i have run as administrator on other installers but no on virtual dj?

geposted Sun 13 Sep 20 @ 9:24 am
I have the same problem there no solution to this!???? i try everything!
SOLUTION____ This new windows 10 don´t have admistrdor privilages but wat block the install program was Advanced System care, Solution is close that program and isntall normaly: Hope i can help

geposted Sat 05 Jun 21 @ 4:19 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
The main problem with update seems to be simple : virtualdj.exe can't be written not because of permissions but because it is "already in use" ! (Race condition between exit and install)

Some updates ago everything became so sloooow again in VDJ and video window can close 15s after main GUI closed and some thread will close after it.
In the interval virtualdj disappear from Task Manager
Installation process starts as far as virtualdj disappears from task visibility (not from processus) this is not visible from Task Manager anymore but still visible from Resource Manager and so it is still in use and not writable yet.
Being an or The Administrator can't help here

Thus yes normal install fixes this issue... because vdj had time to exit but that doesn't remove the temporary downloaded update file.

Exactly the same with crashguard.. starting DJ again too early in same conditions raising "database couldn't be open on drive xxx"

geposted Sat 05 Jun 21 @ 5:49 pm
I updated from Virtual 2008 to 2021 now my numark mixdeck express won't connect

geposted Sat 05 Jun 21 @ 7:23 pm
jrmrtnz12 wrote :
I updated from Virtual 2008 to 2021 now my numark mixdeck express won't connect

connect or license? for license, simply login.
As for connect, nothing changed, maybe try restart the computer

geposted Sat 05 Jun 21 @ 8:25 pm
I'm having the same issue on windows 11. just did a fresh install and it worked before and now it doesn't, same account, full control, disabled UAC, tried other directories and nothing so now i have a program i cant install when everything else does. has anyone found a fix for this?

geposted Tue 02 Nov 21 @ 7:55 pm
I found a workaround: install 7zip, after that unzip the installer and then run the program from the exe file. Hope that helps a little.

geposted Wed 03 Nov 21 @ 8:15 am
I did this and it worked,
If you have ever had an earlier version of virtualDJ and uninstalled or on your earlier machine the installation always makes a folder in onedrive folder which you can only access online, so you simply have to locate the folder named virtualDJ in onedrive folder and delete it, then try to run the installer again.
Did this work, if yes don't forget to follow us on Facebook (at JimArt Smart Designs and Technologies fb.me/Jimartsmartdesigns ) and always ask any software and hardware related questions.
We love serving you.

geposted Wed 22 Dec 21 @ 2:51 am
Deleting OneDrive files is the solution

geposted Fri 11 Feb 22 @ 5:30 am
When the Download is ready click install. It'll be a PC.MSI file.
Follow the on screen steps given.
Just before the Install button, when given the option for Advanced to change Install location, click advanced and it will let you amend the location of the Install for both the program and the Skins.
Change the Skins to where ever you want as long as it is not using Microsoft "One Drive" as there are permissions that clash between the main program location and "One Drive".
Continue the Install as prompted.
Installation should now complete providing you are actually the logged in to an Account with Administrative Privileges in Windows 10.
Hope this helps.

geposted Tue 22 Mar 22 @ 7:49 am
I recently uninstalled the virtual DJ with all its data, now that I want to reinstall it I can't.

geposted Wed 21 Dec 22 @ 6:38 am