Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Laptop experience

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

HeltinoPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Hi,

I´m still thinking about to purchase a new laptop for VDJ.
My ideas:
Intel processor (no U-modell, I prefer right now i710750H 10th gen)
Nvidia card for stems (minimum GTX1660ti, maybe RTX2060)
16GB RAM

As I prefer a good build quality a RAZER BLADE 15 is interesting for me.

What I´ve learned so far: The base modell has a secondary SSD option, the advance modell a better cooling.
Looking on some test in the net it seems that the Razer is as well a good choice in regards to latency.

Has anybody experience with this laptop?
It is out of question that this should be powerfull enough, but within this price level I would love to hear some practical experience.
Is it reliable? Does it heat up like crazy (special keyboard area) during VDJ use as it does, pointing on online test, during gaming?

Any better suggestion looking on my requirements?
I do not like a plastic laptop, it should be some metall stuff.
Maybe MSI GS66 as alternative?

I ask here not because I´m too lazy to investigate the net myself, but all I found was reviews from gamers...not a singel one from DJs.

geposted Wed 04 Nov 20 @ 10:30 pm
As there is no response, I reply muself.
I got the Razer Blade now, the black week deal of 1500Euro instead of 2000Euro was sexy enough to take the risk.
My specs:
Rauer Blade 15 Base Modell
i7 10750H (6 cores, 12 threads, 2,6-5,1Ghz)
16GB RAM
internal SSD (M2/NVME) 512GB
Nvidia RTX2060 (6GB DDR)

+ I´ve added a secondary SSD (2TB Samsung Evo 970 Plus NVME)

The machine works charming. Silent, smooth and with absolutely no latency issues at all.
VDJ is as well using the hardware excellent and takes all advantages that can be gained here.

Under the line:
If somebody is looking for a well made machine, full alu unibody chassis and power enough for STEAMS and video:
This is a good choice to go!

geposted Sat 28 Nov 20 @ 6:40 pm
Just s addition, here are the latency monitor results.
WIFI and Bluetooth switched on, connection to wireless active.

Very well suitable machine for DJing.

geposted Tue 08 Dec 20 @ 12:44 am
Thanks for making this post! I'm getting ready to buy a new DJ laptop soon. I've been considering a MacBook Pro 16, but there are some things I don't particularly like about the new generation Macs. I'm also considering the new 2021 Razer Blade Pro 17: https://www.razer.com/gaming-laptops/Razer-Blade-Pro-17/RZ09-0368AEA2-R3U1
Are you still happy with Virtual DJ on your Razer Blade Pro? What has your experience been like using the Razer Blade Pro in a live gig environment? I'm considering coming back to Virtual DJ from RekordBox 5 (the new RekordBox 6 subscription model pisses me off).

geposted Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 8:07 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
For a windows laptop I've been very happy with a Dell XPS15 so far.

geposted Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 8:10 am
I've got a bootcamped Macbook Pro 16" and it's pretty good. Probably not the fastest at loading stems but it's not bad either. Very reliable.

geposted Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 8:50 am
Adion wrote :
For a windows laptop I've been very happy with a Dell XPS15 so far.

I can see why :-D

I think I'd need to ask my boss for a raise first, though

geposted Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 10:34 am
kradcliffe wrote :
I've got a bootcamped Macbook Pro 16" and it's pretty good. Probably not the fastest at loading stems but it's not bad either. Very reliable.

Just out of curiosity: Why BootCamp/Windows vs. macOS? I had a chance to test a 2021 MBP (macOS 10.15) with Virtual DJ and didn't see any issues/advantages compared to the Windows version. The only difference I can see is the nifty TouchBar, although I'm not sure how practical that would be on set (using a DDJ-SX2).

geposted Mon 08 Feb 21 @ 11:03 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)