Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: multistream
Hello

I love virtual Dj Broadcasting features and use it because it is easier on my cpu. But I noticed that as a a Dj we need the ability to multistream to multiple platforms. For example Playdj tv and mixcloud.

Unfortunately in order to multi stream to multiple platforms it requires a subscription to restream or other services. I personally would recommend you offer multistream options in the broadcast features. This woulds save us the trouble of having to monitor other platforms and reduce our workload as Djs.

geposted Mon 30 Nov 20 @ 10:29 pm
Quote :
Unfortunately in order to multi stream to multiple platforms it requires a subscription to restream or other services

Nope! restream.io has a pretty generous free tier.

Quote :
I personally would recommend you offer multistream options in the broadcast features

You should know that even the "integrated" multi-stream solution of StreamLabs OBS is not a local implementation. It's an "external" service just like restream.io or castr.io. Sending two streams requires double the bandwidth (which also requires performance) and if the services don't support the same output you want to use, you also need to encode twice. That's what those services cover for you. The only way to stream to multiple platforms truly from your device is through OBS Studio's advanced ffmpeg output, which lets you use a normal streaming output and hijack the recording output with ffmpeg to stream to a second target, but it is generally not recommended to do so for reasons i just pointed out.
And at that point you might as well just use OBS with restream.io or competitors.
Bottom line: VDJ doesn't have the full feature set of OBS for a reason: It's supposed to make it easy for DJs to live stream without having to set up external programs. There are quite a few less "pro" features than multi-streaming that you already need to use a dedicated streaming program like OBS Studio for, so i think this feature is definitely out of scope for the Atomix team.

geposted Wed 09 Dec 20 @ 12:45 pm
So can we stream to restream.io from VDJ broadcaster directly? Or do you need to go through OBS to use restream?

geposted Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 11:30 pm

geposted Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 11:40 pm