Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Support for DDJ-FLX6 controller - Page: 1
Is there an update coming with the FLX6 controller supported? Not liking how Rekorbox handles videos.

geposted Sun 27 Dec 20 @ 11:22 am
Atomix have basically supported all Pioneer gear that supports HID, so it would surprise me if the FLX6 won't be supported.
They generally doesn't give ETAs for mappings, they just release them when they are done. I think they get into public early access before that, so maybe you just wanna keep an eye on that. Nobody knows how long it takes.

geposted Sun 27 Dec 20 @ 10:30 pm
Thanks, was looking to try and build one myself, looks a bit over my head, all that scripting.

geposted Mon 28 Dec 20 @ 10:09 am
riccojsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
wondering myself - I use DDJ-RZX on the main stage, a DDJ-SX2 as a backup, and want to add this to the DJ booth and another controller for guests to choose from.

Any word?

Thanks
John

geposted Tue 29 Dec 20 @ 1:03 am
riccojsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It is now available, install the latest update!

Thanks, VDJ!

geposted Thu 21 Jan 21 @ 4:15 am
Does the new update now let you use things like the merge effect now ?

geposted Thu 21 Jan 21 @ 10:59 pm

geposted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 1:38 am
Just says the merge effect is coming soon

geposted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 9:11 am
bowdie09 wrote :
Does the new update now let you use things like the merge effect now ?

The Jog Cutter feature?
Yes, it's described in the manual
But it's still kind of a gimmick IMO

The merge FX?
No, not yet. It's listed as "No function assigned here (coming soon)" in the manual
But if it's going to be anything like the Youtube videos showing it, it's going to be kind of a gimmick IMO

geposted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 9:25 am
bowdie09 wrote :
Just says the merge effect is coming soon

Yes
But the mapping slots are there - so while you wait for it, you can map some stacked effects yourself if you like:

geposted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 9:34 am
How do you properly map stacked effects into merge then ?

geposted Sat 23 Jan 21 @ 4:27 pm
Just like you would on a custom button and a custom slider

You could for instance do
effect_active 'echo' & effect_active 'flanger' & effect_active 'noise'
on the MERGEFX_ON mapping slot to turn 3 effects that you like on and off and thereby stack them

and then do
effect_slider 'echo' 1 & effect_slider 'flanger' 1 & effect_slider 'noise' 1
on the MERGEFX_PARAM mapping slot to change their first/main slider at the same time, and there by turn their intensity up and down

You could also make different combinations and use the MERGEFX_SEL mapping slot to switch between them, but that's a bit more work

The downside is that you can't just change which effects are stacked in the middle of your set - you need to change the script for that
So this is just meant as a way to get started until the real mapping for the merge effects has been added

geposted Sat 23 Jan 21 @ 5:03 pm
I don't own a FLX6, so I have created an example with the 2 scripts above using a custom button and a custom slider instead -, so you can see the kind of result you can expect when mapping it on the merge fx on the FLX6

geposted Sat 23 Jan 21 @ 5:13 pm
Any new news on this? I have the controller coming in and would like to see if there is any updates?

geposted Tue 23 Mar 21 @ 7:59 am

geposted Tue 23 Mar 21 @ 3:51 pm
Not quite.

MERGE FX SELECT. No function assigned here (coming soon)

MERGE FX CONTROL. No function assigned here (coming soon)

I believe that's what he's referring to (unless the user guide needs updating).

geposted Tue 23 Mar 21 @ 4:10 pm
I have the FLX6 and it's still not implemented other than doing custom mapping for it.

geposted Tue 27 Apr 21 @ 12:22 am
xVuraControlleristMember since 2018
can someone please share the custom mapping for the merge fx ?

geposted Wed 12 May 21 @ 8:32 pm
Is there any update on when this is getting added? Been months since heard anything about it.

geposted Sun 11 Jul 21 @ 3:20 am
Good afternoon, I'm from Guatemala, I have the ddj-flx6 with virtual dj 2021 to the latest version, and the only thing I have achieved with merge fx is an adaptation of the effects by combining them, what if I would like is to activate the merge fx select that I have not yet been able to, if someone in the group could help with trying and sharing it, my email is REMOVED and if you need help on how to use flx6, I will gladly help you, thank you very much.

Moderator, no external contact details for home licence users

geposted Tue 17 Aug 21 @ 8:46 pm
91%