Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Database issue and icloud problems

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have a 2019 Macbook Air running on Big Sur OS with VDJ. I recently bought a PC and installed VDJ as a backup just in case I have a problem at a gig with my Macbook. I plugged in my external hard drive to see if it would read my files on the PC and it was all good. Once I plugged the hard drive back into the Macbook, I lost basically all of my database for cue points, colors and song recognition in VDJ. Gradually a few of my cue points came back but we are talking 100 of 8,000. Did I corrupt my database file and why am I having problems with my VDJ folder uploading to my icloud? Apple ran test for 3 days and said it's not on there end. How can I fix this?

geposted Mon 11 Jan 21 @ 8:09 am
It's been ongoing issue with the database issues. It happens A LOT now and not sure if there's a fix that VDJ is working on. Best thing I can tell ya is to constantly make backups. Unfortunately, you most likely did lose everything and will have to rescan your library all over again.

geposted Mon 11 Jan 21 @ 1:52 pm
That's the thing. I have 3 database backups on different hard drives. All of my issues started when I upgraded to Big Sur OS.

geposted Mon 11 Jan 21 @ 10:59 pm
Probably just have to restart your computer.

The database is on the external drive itself..
And reason you are seeing "blank" entries, is often just cause VDJ is already running in a 2nd process (for example closing lid or something not shutting down properly)

Try that.

The iCloud part you probably would be better just turning off for /documents/virtualdj/
Seems rather a spaghetti mess with icloud.
(if your music is on external, all that is on local drive and icloud are skins, downloaded effects, history log etc)

geposted Mon 11 Jan 21 @ 11:04 pm
This has been going on for over a month. I have restarted, closed windows, logged in and out of VDJ and removed the cloud option. Nothing is working and I'm afraid if I start setting new cue points, they will vanish too and all of that work will be for nothing.

geposted Tue 12 Jan 21 @ 12:53 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)