Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Database is missing cue points and settings

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have done everything possible to get all of my cue points from my database back but it's still not working. I thought when I upgraded to OS Big Sir, it took away all of my database. However, I recently had Apple reinstall Catalina on my computer and the majority of my cue points are still missing. I spent hours on the phone with Apple and they still couldn't fix it. The only thing I can think of that may have changed the database format was I used my hard drive on a PC the night before and downloaded VDJ on the PC. All of my cue points and settings were fine but when I used my hard drive on the Mac the next day, everything was gone. It slowly began to come back but stopped after replacing about 150 of my 8000 cue points. The database sheet is 55 MB. Can some help me with this?

geposted Tue 02 Feb 21 @ 6:54 am
My first step would be to open the database file en a text editor and go through some of files with missing cue points and some of the ones where cue points have come back, and see what the pattern is (luckily it's pretty easy to read)
Like:
- Are the tracks still in there?
- Are they new/recently added?
- Are they there twice?
- Are their cue point registrations empty?
- Are their paths still correct?

If you discover a pattern you will probably be half way to fixing the problem - Or maybe you find out that the information is simply not there anymore

If you are using an external drive remember that there is a secondary database file on the drive that you can look into

geposted Tue 02 Feb 21 @ 8:38 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)