Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Auto Gain

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello all!

I'm trying to set up VDJ perfectly as I am still used to mix with the old version Virtual DJ 7.

When I load tracks into VDJ7, the Auto Gain works perfect, it limits the tracks which are too loud and volumes up the tracks which are too soft.

Now, when i use the most recent version of VDJ, with the correct settings (AutoGain + Remember), it seems not to work as it should. Tracks are still in red zone on equalizer and a lot of difference inbetween tracks.

Does somebody know how to properly set up VDJ so I don't have to bother on Gain anymore?

(This is the only reason I still mix tracks on VDJ7. This allowes me to mix without headphones).

Both VDJ7 and Recent VDJ are set on Gain Auto + Remember, you would say they work exactly the same, but they don't.

Thanks in advance!

geposted Sat 13 Feb 21 @ 9:09 am
Set zeroDB to -3 or -6

geposted Sat 13 Feb 21 @ 9:15 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

geposted Sat 13 Feb 21 @ 9:18 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Set zeroDB to -3 or -6

Thanks! This also helps me with the clipping issue when mixing 2 tracks.

geposted Sat 13 Feb 21 @ 9:37 am
Adion wrote :
And set autoGain to auto.
(See https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJ8%20Limiter.html for more info)

Done that and it seems to solve the issue.. I've also set this one to NO: gainSliderIncludesAutogain: yes

Now i actually can see how much a track is adjusted. But when I mix with my controller, I have to remember to set it to yes.

Thanks!

geposted Sat 13 Feb 21 @ 9:39 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)