Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Gemini CDMP 2700

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

JackoldHome userMember since 2021
Just got a Gemini CDMP-2700 and need help setting it up!

I have the sound ok with the asio drivers, but the issue I have is with the left & right decks swapping sides!

It seems each side of the controller is seen by the laptop individually, so whichever side of the controller is put into midi mode first is automatically allocated the left hand deck in VDJ. Great if I put the left deck in midi mode first, but if I put the right deck in midi mode first, it is allocated to the left deck in VDJ - VERY OFF PUTTING!!!

I've tried different 'deck' combinations in the mapping settings, but can't seem to get the right hand deck to be allocated the right deck in VDJ when its switched to midi mode first!

Any help appreciated :)

geposted Thu 25 Feb 21 @ 4:44 pm
Havent tried this controller and its extremely old.
But most likely its in the deck assignment in the Mapper settings in the software.
You tried that?

And is there perhaps two CDMP 2700, although probably not, but worth checking.

geposted Thu 25 Feb 21 @ 8:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We dont have the device, so we ll need your help on this, in order to improve Deck assignment.
Indeed the 2 Deck sides of the 2700 are detected as 2 separate Midi devices.
In our records we have the 2 devices as ..
Device A : vid="0x23C7" pid="0x1270"
Device B: vid="0x23C7" pid="0x1271"
but we 're not sure which device is the left and which one is the Right one.
According to your report, it seems that the devices appear as MIDI only if you set them so.
So, try this..
Set the left Deck side to MIDI, then open Device Manager of Windows. Look under "Sound video and Game controllers". If there is only one CDMP 2700 device (we are lucky), right-click->Properties->Details tab->Choose "Hardware Ids" from Properties drop-down, then see if it matches the Device A or Device B VID/PID and let me know which one is which.

geposted Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 8:42 am
Thanks for your help guys :)

DJDAD - I did exactly as you requested:
With the (LEFT DECK ONLY) set to MIDI, the hardware ID is as follows:

USB\VID_23C7&PID_1271&REV_0299&MI_00
USB\VID_23C7&PID_1271&MI_00

I don't know if its relevant but, sometime I end up with both controller decks controlling one side in VDJ!

geposted Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 4:20 pm
Further info...

In device manager, I see

CDMP2700 L
CDMP2700 R

but in VDJ mapper I see

CDMP2700
CDMP2700

no way to identify the difference between the two

geposted Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 4:23 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Thanks for the info. Next update will have auto-assignment of the deck devices to the correct (left/right) sides

In the meantime, i suppose you can assign to the correct Decks from VDJ Settings->MAPPING tab ->Deck Assign drop down menu. Doesnt this work for you ?
Yes, the devices will have the same name, but i guess you can try and see which one is which.
just a temporary solution for now.

geposted Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 5:45 pm
I've tried the deck assign, deck1, deck2, automatic, etc... but none of these settings seem to keep the controller left/right decks static!

depending on the order in which I switch on the 'midi' I have:
left controller = right vdj deck
right controller = left vdj deck
both left & right controller = left vdj deck
both left & right controller = right deck

any idea when to expect the next update?

geposted Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 6:30 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)