Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJSZ2 and timecode help

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Good day. I am trying to search for the “how to” to get my timecode vinyl to interface with VDJ. I’m assuming this is a time old question, but I have failed to find the answers anywhere. As of now, I get the timecode signal to come out through the ddj but no interaction with vdj at all. Says sound card is not installed.
I am using a Macbook pro with mojave.
All works well when I only use my numark scratch with the TC’s. I also have phase to work with the numark. Haven’t tried the phase with the controller yet but if someone can direct me to the link, if there is one would be awesome.

geposted Mon 08 Mar 21 @ 5:36 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
First check system Preferences ->Security ->General tab and see there if there is anything that you need to allow (probably the Pioneer drivers)
Then in Privacy tab of Security, select the Microphone from the list, and check if you need to allow VirtualDJ to use "Microphone", which includes all the inputs of the sound card.

geposted Mon 08 Mar 21 @ 6:00 pm
djdad wrote :
First check system Preferences ->Security ->General tab and see there if there is anything that you need to allow (probably the Pioneer drivers)
Then in Privacy tab of Security, select the Microphone from the list, and check if you need to allow VirtualDJ to use "Microphone", which includes all the inputs of the sound card.

Hmm. That’s interesting. I will look into the security settings. It is possible to control VDJ with the timecodes through the ddj correct?

geposted Mon 08 Mar 21 @ 7:52 pm
Security setting are good. I did not have the drivers for the ddj, but still nothing.

geposted Tue 09 Mar 21 @ 2:38 am
I changed the channels to 9&10 and got the track to play but not at all worthy yet.

geposted Tue 09 Mar 21 @ 2:52 am
Channels 9+10 are the record loop back of the USB bus audio

You want channels 1+2 for deck 1, 3+4 for deck 2, 5+6 for deck 3 and 7+8 for deck 4

Also you need to tell the drivers what to send on these channels.
Open the Pioneer DDJ-SZ2 app that gets installed among the drivers and adjust the outputs from there (eg tell it if you're using timecode vinyls connected on PHONO or timecode CD's connected on CD ports on the back)

Finally, source switchers on top panel must be on USB position for the input channel in order to route the TC signal on software.
In other words if you have connected your TC source at channels 3 & 4, then those channels must be switched on USB position for the sound of TC source to reach the software. If you switch it to CD/Phono then the signal of TC is routed on the analog mixer of the controller to be used as any regular audio source

geposted Tue 09 Mar 21 @ 10:17 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Channels 9+10 are the record loop back of the USB bus audio

You want channels 1+2 for deck 1, 3+4 for deck 2, 5+6 for deck 3 and 7+8 for deck 4

Also you need to tell the drivers what to send on these channels.
Open the Pioneer DDJ-SZ2 app that gets installed among the drivers and adjust the outputs from there (eg tell it if you're using timecode vinyls connected on PHONO or timecode CD's connected on CD ports on the back)

Finally, source switchers on top panel must be on USB position for the input channel in order to route the TC signal on software.
In other words if you have connected your TC source at channels 3 & 4, then those channels must be switched on USB position for the sound of TC source to reach the software. If you switch it to CD/Phono then the signal of TC is routed on the analog mixer of the controller to be used as any regular audio source

Mind blowing. I feel lost now that you mentioned the app for the ddj. Never in a million years would I have considered this. I will give it a try when I get home today.
It would make sense switching to usb over phono to ensure the controller’s soundcard to work instead of going analog, but even after years of doing this, there is always room for more learning. Thanks for the help. With make an updater after work today. Salute.

geposted Tue 09 Mar 21 @ 11:07 am
That did the trick! Thanks for the help!

geposted Tue 09 Mar 21 @ 8:49 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)