Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: stems audio problems - Page: 1
after software update my eq's won't stay on stem separation setting once track loaded in deck was ok before it updated its self whats is going on

geposted Tue 29 Jun 21 @ 6:42 pm
 Best Answer The latest update evaluate low-end computers that might have a suboptimal experience with stems, due to either slow stems load (if calculating stems on fly at song load on deck), or having little memory available. If such is detected the precomputeStems might be set to "only use precomputed", or mathEngine disabled if both low powered cpu and low memory. This to avoid any potential issues, such as intermediate "freezes" in skin and similar.

If you feel your computer is up for the tast, you can easily override this.
Check that mathengine is not disabled in VirtualDJ settings (set to CPU if it was disabled), then optionally set precomputeStems to "create manually" if you want stems to be created on the fly on song load or keep at "only use precomputed" if you rather want to generate stems prior to mixing at right-click in browser ("pre analyze" for stems ahead of using the file)

This "auto detection" of low end computers, might have been a bit too strict (or not).
Its being evaluated if it perhaps should be less strikt before the stems are "disabled" or "precompute only" as the default settings.

geposted Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 6:32 pm[ selected best answer by PhantomDeejay on Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 8:12 pm ]
You mean the EQ automatically change when you load song?

geposted Tue 29 Jun 21 @ 7:45 pm
Rune (DJ-In-Norway) wrote :

yes and now the stems on pads are not working it was fine until it updated today I have no idea why

geposted Tue 29 Jun 21 @ 9:10 pm
yes and now the stems on pads are not working it was fine until it updated today I have no idea why

geposted Tue 29 Jun 21 @ 9:15 pm
check mathEngine in VDJ settings, if it somehow got set to "disabled". If so change back to automatic.

geposted Tue 29 Jun 21 @ 9:31 pm
tried that its still not working new to all this thanks anyway

geposted Tue 29 Jun 21 @ 9:41 pm
if its not working on pads (nor on the EQs), the mathEngine being disabled (in VDJ options) is the most likely thing.. But if you are sure its not that, hmm.. What if you try restart the program in case you have Stem FX stuck or something like that?

There was an optimization for the stems in latest update, but should be all ok hopefully.
Will try some on my mac later (Windows works great right now testing it )

geposted Tue 29 Jun 21 @ 9:58 pm
hi I have tried the math engine fix but its not working I'm on Mac Pro never had issue before until tonight when VDJ updated its self its annoying but will try tomorrow when got more patients thanks for trying

geposted Tue 29 Jun 21 @ 10:05 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Also check precomputeStems option

geposted Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 3:05 am
check it for what what should it be its the software is broken loads people getting same problem id rather just go back to the version before I updated it worked perfectly why issue upgrade when its broken I don't get the logic in that but get same old blah blah from support ticket saying my laptop might not be up to spec well using Mac Pro I only run this software on it i 8g ram intel core i7 its the update its busted how can I go back to previous version as going round in circles paid for license and can't do what I want on it typical

geposted Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 5:44 pm
gmony714PRO SubscriberMember since 2018
Same here

geposted Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 6:18 pm
hopefully I've manage to fix it for the time being went to precompute stems and checks the box for create manually not sure if its the right setting originally but they seem to be working now had to try different settings as no help from tech support thanks VDJ

this to all members who tried to help peace n love

geposted Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 6:25 pm
gmony714 wrote :
Same here

see my last post it may help hopefully

geposted Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 6:25 pm
The latest update evaluate low-end computers that might have a suboptimal experience with stems, due to either slow stems load (if calculating stems on fly at song load on deck), or having little memory available. If such is detected the precomputeStems might be set to "only use precomputed", or mathEngine disabled if both low powered cpu and low memory. This to avoid any potential issues, such as intermediate "freezes" in skin and similar.

If you feel your computer is up for the tast, you can easily override this.
Check that mathengine is not disabled in VirtualDJ settings (set to CPU if it was disabled), then optionally set precomputeStems to "create manually" if you want stems to be created on the fly on song load or keep at "only use precomputed" if you rather want to generate stems prior to mixing at right-click in browser ("pre analyze" for stems ahead of using the file)

This "auto detection" of low end computers, might have been a bit too strict (or not).
Its being evaluated if it perhaps should be less strikt before the stems are "disabled" or "precompute only" as the default settings.

Selected as best answer geposted Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 6:32 pm
this I'm on Mac Pro 8gb ram intel core i7 its up to the job but not seems to be ok for now respect for your input lets hope it stays working

geposted Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 6:38 pm
Dissy gurl wrote :
this I'm on Mac Pro 8gb ram intel core i7 its up to the job but not seems to be ok for now respect for your input lets hope it stays working

Will stay working... the i7 probably only have 2 cores then.
But if you dont have any problems using stems with that, the stems option will stay saved to your own settings ... ;)

(and can be the detection of too slow computers was set a bit too strikt, being evaluated.. ;-))

geposted Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 6:41 pm
Dissy gurl wrote :

Will stay working... the i7 probably only have 2 cores then.
But if you dont have any problems using stems with that, the stems option will stay saved to your own settings ... ;)

(and can be the detection of too slow computers was set a bit too strikt, being evaluated.. ;-))

thanks so more cores would have been a better option I got advised by my sons friend who is a woking dj he very tech minded said what I had was easy enough spec to run VDJ I'm only at home hobbies I prefer to be jumping around in club or rave situation reminds me of my youth lol

geposted Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 6:50 pm
Dissy gurl wrote :
thanks so more cores would have been a better option I got advised by my sons friend who is a woking dj he very tech minded said what I had was easy enough spec to run VDJ I'm only at home hobbies I prefer to be jumping around in club or rave situation reminds me of my youth lol

No worries, if it works ok it works ok.. So if you dont have any issues with stems on your i7 dual core, just leave the settings on ;-)

Its plenty to run VDJ for sure, its only the stem feature that can be a bit demanding for some computers.

geposted Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 7:18 pm
Dissy gurl wrote :
after software update my eq's won't stay on stem separation setting once track loaded in deck was ok before it updated its self whats is going on

SAME ISSUE.

geposted Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 7:22 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Dissy gurl wrote :

same as of todays update stems make no sound.

geposted Sat 05 Aug 23 @ 12:34 pm
91%