Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Mapping DDJ-XP2
DJ GDWPRO InfinityMember since 2010
ich würde gerne den beiden Strip-Slides links + rechts der PADs jeweils noch per Mapping eine weitere Funktion befügen - finde aber keine Möglichkeit im DEFAULT-MApping einen Mappingpunkt zu editieren oder habe ich etwas übersehen ?
Folgenden Mappingpunkt würde ich gerne noch haben :
Die Beiden TOUCHSTRIPS per SHIFT+?? als Fader für Playercannel1 bzw 2 dazu mappen .
Hat jemand ne Idee wie ich das editieren kann ?
Wenn ich den FX_Level nur mit dem Finger berühre dann blinken alle 3 FX_Slide-Buttons --- beim Finger schieben passiert nix - da sollte eigentlich die Funktion FAder für Fader 1 bzw Fader 2 funktionieren können .

I would like to add a further function to the two strip slides on the left + right of the PADs via mapping - but can't find a way to edit a mapping point in DEFAULT-MAPping or have I overlooked something?
I would still like to have the following mapping point:
The two TOUCHSTRIPS via SHIFT + ?? Map it as a fader for player channel 1 or 2.
Does anyone have any idea how I can edit that?
If I only touch the FX_Level with my finger, then all 3 FX_Slide buttons flash --- nothing happens when I slide the finger - the Fader function for fader 1 or fader 2 should actually be able to work.

geposted Mon 29 Nov 21 @ 3:58 pm
I'm afraid it's not possible to do what you want without some hacking.
That's because of the device firmware.
For the touchstrips to send a message in VirtualDJ at least one of the three "FX" buttons must be on.
Otherwise the device firmware doesn't send a message and flashes the FX buttons so that you know that you haven't select any FX to apply the touchstrip messages at.

So, the correct way to "hack" it is this:
1) Remap SHIFT button so that it also sets a variable besides the shift action it already does
2) Remap the LED_FX3 element so that it also turns on when the variable that you set with SHIFT is on
3) Remap the FX_STRIP element so that it also checks your variable and then does what you want (control volume)

If you need further help, let me know. It's not simple to do it, but it's possible.

geposted Mon 29 Nov 21 @ 5:36 pm
I own XP1 and believe XP2 maintains the same programming features. In XP1 the touchstrip is recognized in the assignable commands from Virtual DJ and you can assign a working command even if no FX button is activated, so I suppose you can assign the channel fader (I had assigned the fx knob of the Pioneer VST), obviously if activate any effect when you press the touchstrip it will perform both operations at the same time and I don't think it's good for you. I don't remember if it is possible to have shift + tounchstrip as an independent command from the fx keys in this case you could assign the faders and command them with the shift pressed, perhaps not very comfortable, otherwise follow the advice of Phantom DeeJay, somehow you should solve!

geposted Mon 29 Nov 21 @ 11:14 pm
No, this won't work for XP2.
As I said, the firmware decides when to send data. So, just remapping the touchstrip key alone won't work.
Trust me, I know, as I'm the one who integrated the device in VirtualDJ :)

geposted Tue 30 Nov 21 @ 11:50 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
As I said, the firmware decides when to send data. So, just remapping the touchstrip key alone won't work.

Of course I trust George :-) I just thought that XP1 and XP2 were conceived in the same way, instead I read this Pioneer has made this change in the new device .. personally then I prefer XP1! Then the best way is the solution you have recommended or you should give up the fx3, for example, and map the button and led for the activation of the faders if you do not want to resort to using the shift and the variable.

geposted Tue 30 Nov 21 @ 1:08 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

OK thanks ----- I hope the firmware will change and then remap with a new attempt

geposted Thu 02 Dec 21 @ 2:48 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

thank you - I adjusted the mapping and it works as expected

geposted Thu 02 Dec 21 @ 3:46 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
I'm afraid it's not possible to do what you want without some hacking.
That's because of the device firmware.
For the touchstrips to send a message in VirtualDJ at least one of the three "FX" buttons must be on.
Otherwise the device firmware doesn't send a message and flashes the FX buttons so that you know that you haven't select any FX to apply the touchstrip messages at.

So, the correct way to "hack" it is this:
1) Remap SHIFT button so that it also sets a variable besides the shift action it already does
2) Remap the LED_FX3 element so that it also turns on when the variable that you set with SHIFT is on
3) Remap the FX_STRIP element so that it also checks your variable and then does what you want (control volume)

If you need further help, let me know. It's not simple to do it, but it's possible.

thank you - I adjusted the mapping and it works as expected

geposted Thu 02 Dec 21 @ 3:47 pm
I am trying to create a custom user pad page on my ddj xp2 while using VDJ. I want to have the most common functions that I use (cues, transport, beatjump) on one pad page. However I am having trouble finding any vids online showing how to do this. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

geposted Wed 21 Sep 22 @ 12:34 pm
Herscr1 wrote :
I am trying to create a custom user pad page on my ddj xp2 while using VDJ. I want to have the most common functions that I use (cues, transport, beatjump) on one pad page. However I am having trouble finding any vids online showing how to do this. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Hot cues, beat jump and so on is already included on the padpages that comes with VDJ by default - so you can "steal" the needed scripts from them

Regarding transport functions that is pretty simple, so cue is cue, play is play and stop is stop, although there are variations to get a bit more features, like cue_play, play_pause and so on.
So an idea could be to look at the mapping for your controller on the mapping page (if you like how the transport buttons work on it) and grab the script/commands from there
- or you could pick the mapping for any other supported controller on the list that you'd like to emulate, and grab script from that one

geposted Wed 21 Sep 22 @ 12:52 pm
Hi Klaus
First, thanks so much for responding so quickly. I really appreciate it.
Second, while I’ve been using VDJ for 6 months now, I know nothing about scripting although am interested to learn so if you could direct won how to do so I would really appreciate it.
Lastly, I am not using a controller but rather a ddj v10.
Thanks again

geposted Wed 21 Sep 22 @ 5:31 pm