Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Moving to new computer
what is the best way to move the whole database any history from one computer to another as i got a new one?

all music is on the internal hardrive stored in the music folder on the c driver the music will be moved to a d drive on the new computer

geposted Wed 06 Apr 22 @ 10:31 am
When moving the files, use VirtualDJ to do so.

For example:
- Copy all the music files from old computer, to an external drive. VirtualDJ creates a database on the external drive with all the database info for the songs copied there.
- Then you can connect this external drive to any computer in the world and have the info instantly there. Or you can do the process in reverse, and copy from external to the D drive at your new computer.

Thats it ;-)

You might also want to copy over playlists, skins, and other things.
Use the backup tool for this. Make a backup, import the backup at new computer
See here on how to use backup tool
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/browser/toolbar.html#createbackup

geposted Wed 06 Apr 22 @ 12:56 pm
Does this also work from a Windows computer to a MacBook? I am primarily concerned with playlists and virtual folders!

Geht das auf diese weise auch von einem Windows Rechner zu einem MacBook? Mir geht es in erster Line um Playlisten und Virtuale Ordner!

geposted Wed 06 Apr 22 @ 1:35 pm
nachtfalke0 wrote :
Does this also work from a Windows computer to a MacBook? I am primarily concerned with playlists and virtual folders!

Geht das auf diese weise auch von einem Windows Rechner zu einem MacBook? Mir geht es in erster Line um Playlisten und Virtuale Ordner!

Should work fine ;-)

geposted Wed 06 Apr 22 @ 1:57 pm