Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: visual Beat detection
I don't like using headphones and would take way too much time for me to set cue points for all tracks in my large library, also because I more run automated playlists than live Dj-ing but for live sessions in between I have always been looking for any DJ software with which I can recognize the bass beats.

Visually recognizing the downbeats would be ideal but if not then just a way to recognize the bass beats in all tracks would be nice.

geposted Wed 17 Aug 22 @ 12:18 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

geposted Wed 17 Aug 22 @ 12:34 pm
Looks like it works but not for all tracks like in this one attached Candy Girl by New Edition, that first bright beat is the snare not the kickbass so only way for me to know would be either cue point or pre-listen. Or how would you recognize the kickbass in this track please?

https://i.postimg.cc/Y2Qgyx1Z/Screenshot-7.png

geposted Wed 17 Aug 22 @ 2:31 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Listened to it, and pretty sure there's a kickdrum at the start as well.

If you get used to reading it the color waveform can give you some more clues, but otherwise I don't think you'd be able to mix a track like this without listening or making sure beatgrid and cue points are correct ahead of time.

geposted Wed 17 Aug 22 @ 2:47 pm
Yeah I don't think it will be foolproof with any software, thanks.

geposted Wed 17 Aug 22 @ 4:42 pm
I pretty much prep all tracks visially, the problem I find is that the actual difinitive mark point varies when you zoom in. It’s like when you crop a track sometimes it can be a headache as to what part of the wave is the actual start of the beat. . Thing is when you zoom back out it’s so minascual that it will not affect the syncing.
Also visualy yoi can see straight away if the track is strict 4/4. When you keep finding a tracj that alll will not mix, more often the track has an extra bar or beat especialy when there is a break in the track. You can use cleaner to fix the track, but visualy saves so much time.

geposted Thu 25 Aug 22 @ 3:45 am