Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ and Microsoft Surface Pro
jatoroHome userMember since 2006
Hi.

I have been looking for information both on the internet and on YouTube videos about whether Virtual DJ works on a Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet. I have not found almost anything, I have not been able to draw any conclusions, neither in one sense (it works), nor in another (it does not work). The videos on YouTube are very old.

I'm thinking of buying a Microsoft Surface Pro 7:
12.3-inch touch screen (2736x1824 pixels) Intel Core i5-1035G4 processor. 8GB LPDDR4X RAM memory 128GB solid hard drive Windows 10 Pro operating system. Free upgrade to Windows 11.

I would like to know, please, if Virtual DJ would work on this device without problems and regarding drivers for midi controllers, external sound cards, digital mixers, what would be the compatibility?

Thanks in advance.

geposted Fri 02 Sep 22 @ 5:47 am
VirtualDJ will work fine on the SP, but the model you've quoted is pretty low spec in general and would struggle with stems. 8gb on any Windows 10 machine is pushing it.

Also be aware due to the lack of ports you will probably need a compatible hub for your controller.

I wouldn't use one for VDJ, the Lenovo Yoga models are pretty good if you get the right one.

geposted Fri 02 Sep 22 @ 5:51 am
Ok.

Thanks for your reply.

In principle I don't need stems, just the basics, do you think it would work then?

On the other hand, Lenovo Yoga are 2-in-1 convertibles and thicker, so for me, it would lose in comfort as I would also like to use it as a tablet.

I have been looking for some Lenovo Yoga model, but the range is very wide. Do you know any model in particular that met the specifications that, in your opinion, were sufficient for Virtual DJ?

Thanks again.

geposted Fri 02 Sep 22 @ 6:13 am
I did a video on running VDJ on a Surface Pro a while back
That was without stems, so I don't know if that will work well (probably not on mine since it's a pretty old surface pro). But without stems it runs fine

geposted Fri 02 Sep 22 @ 8:11 am
Ok. Great. Thank You.

Multi Touch Screen is Amazing.

I can imagine how comfortable it would be to work on a tablet, with no additional midi controller, just the touch screen and the potential of Virtual DJ.

geposted Fri 02 Sep 22 @ 10:20 am
Hey Jatoro,

I'm using VDJ with a Surface Pro 7 I7 CPU, 16GB of RAM and the Denon Prime 4 controller. I create Videos with 5 Webcams that are connected to the Microsoft Dock. In addition SoundSwitch is running on the same computer to control my lights. Steams are active, too.

Everythings works great. IN the rare situations if there is an overload to the CPU, VDJ is smart enough to keep the sound playing.

See what I do here:
https://youtu.be/JFhL5oybyWk?t=1067

geposted Fri 09 Sep 22 @ 2:27 pm
Hi.
I use vdj for karaoke and singing ... i use a laptop but looking for a tablet... what's compatible. Please help.

geposted Tue 25 Oct 22 @ 7:22 pm
Apart from the Surface most Windows tablets are pretty low spec.

As stated above consider a Yoga type device that folds back on itself.

geposted Tue 25 Oct 22 @ 7:38 pm
jevjackHome userMember since 2016
It will run fine with an external soundcard via USB 2 or 3

geposted Sat 19 Nov 22 @ 9:04 pm
I want one that can work on surf windows 10

geposted Sat 12 Aug 23 @ 5:24 pm